• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MARTY HURNEY FIRED

jamos14
Message added by Ricky Spanish

Bad Man Gone. Everyone gets Pie

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

There is more to his firing than just the draft, if he signed off on bridgewater than that alone is a fireable offense  

Why?

Bridgewater is NOWHERE near as bad as people make out and he's on an affordable two year contract. You don't fire a GM over that. 

Tepper has publicly stated that one of the reasons Marty isn't here anymore is because he didn't "align" with Matt Rhule very well. He's also mentioned that Marty was very old school and resistant to new processes that the team wanted to implement.

It's not hard to look at those statements and figure that Marty wasn't comfortable with Matt Rhule having as much power as he did.

Hurney was basically King of Everything under Jerry Richardson, and per his own words, he liked it that way. Being part of a power structure rather than being at the top of it probably didn't sit well with him.

Thus, he's now no longer involved in it at all.

I'm trying to find the exact quote, but I remember some months back Matt Rhule said something like he'd just as soon work with Marty Hurney as anybody.

I guess that one goes under the same category as "I can't wait to work with Cam Newton" and "(player we're about to cut) is doing a fine job".

Just listened to the Tepper presser on releasing Hurney. 

When asked about his differences with Hurney, he stated that they have different approaches to evaluation. For example, how does a player perform in the 4th quarter or on 2 minute drives.

Does anyone else feel like this is a clear shot at Hurney's evaluation of Teddy Bridgewater?

Archived