• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Kuechly Was Drafted #9

Daddy_Uncle

Yes, mahomes, Jackson and a couple of others were chosen late. That doesnt mean it happens all the time. Just like top qbs don’t always pan out. With our offensive talent, I’d certainly feel better with Wilson or fields growing with this offense. Not a stop gap, super limited player. 

Just now, tecc86 said:

Or evaluate talent correctly and you get Russell Wilson? The best QB from that draft.

Point me to the Russell Wilson in this draft class. 

1 hour ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Yes. And my argument is that it’s okay. I preferred  to lose out but the people acting like we ruined everything today are overreacting. That’s all I said. You said my points are dumb. I fail to see how you are drawing that conclusion when you failed to even dispute any of them. Can’t even tell me what I said that was hypothetical... even though you said my arguments are hypothetical.

The sky isn’t falling is my main point: losing today won’t ruin us. I wish we were pick 3rd. But it’s gonna be fine.

We were 1 pick away from Herbert last year and all signs were that we were going to take him.

One extra loss would have secured him. 

Was that one meaningless win that no one remembers worth that?

Did that one win set us back? Absolutely.

1 hour ago, Sir Purr said:

Tell you what.  You make a list of franchise QBs taken in the top 10 for the last 10 years. I will make one with the other QBs taken in the top 10 for the last 10 years. Let's see which is more "common."

Jesus Christ... did you ever take stats in college? That isn’t how any of this works. You’re saying: you take 10 teams and 10 top picks vs me taking 32 teams and 214 picks and lets see which has more good QBs. No poo sample size B would win. A fair counter you were trying to make was you take 10 teams and 10 top picks, and I’ll take 10 teams and 10 random non top 10 picks. But that wouldn’t fit your narrative. Like I said, you can make anything fit what you wish by taking a selective sample size. 

10 minutes ago, Tbe said:

We were 1 pick away from Herbert last year and all signs were that we were going to take him.

One extra loss would have secured him. 

Was that one meaningless win that no one remembers worth that?

Did that one win set us back? Absolutely.

And like I said, I wanted us to lose out. I’m not celebrating. I’m just not pitching a fit either. 

2 hours ago, Strawman said:

How much difference was it last year just having the chargers ahead of us. While I think brown is a good pick, Herbert looks like a possible franchise changing pick. What a difference one spot can make. But hey great moral victory beating the WTF’s. 

Yep, it’s so easy to cherry pick stuff but when people drool over Herbert no one cares that we missed by one pick. How about Greg Little. We dropped 8 spots that draft and because of that we traded away a pick that could have been Maxx Crosby (he was one of our private visits and went later) to move up and get Little. If we don’t drop maybe we have another solid starter but according to these threads that doesn’t matter.

It'll be interesting to revisit.

Archived