• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At 9, The Carolina Panthers Will Select

jfra78

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Hahahahaha! You actually think Teddy is good? Dude in his first starting year since the injury has 15TDs with a great set of WRs and he plays scared. He’d rather call a run and blame the OC than admit he couldn’t hit a WR in the end zone with no one within 5 yards.

Sure we could build an unbelievable team around him but we could do the same with a good young QB and won even more.

You and many others are going to be shocked when you witness how it will appear that Dude is so much better next year. Dude won’t necessarily be any better than dude is now, but it will look like it because the staff will significantly improve the offensive line this off-season, and will have Christian back, with an improved defense.

3 minutes ago, jdr6000 said:

You and many others are going to be shocked when you witness how it will appear that Dude is so much better next year. Dude won’t necessarily be any better than dude is now, but it will look like it because the staff will significantly improve the offensive line this off-season, and will have Christian back, with an improved defense.

I hope you're right. I hope we draft a QB, sit him behind Teddy and Teddy plays well enough that we can actually trade him for a decent pick in return. Now, I don't think that will ACTUALLY happen but that would be the ideal situation.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope you're right. I hope we draft a QB, sit him behind Teddy and Teddy plays well enough that we can actually trade him for a decent pick in return. Now, I don't think that will ACTUALLY happen but that would be the ideal situation.

Unfortunately I think our best chance for a trade is this offseason. The Patriots wanted Teddy when we signed him. The Patriots once again need a QB. The Patriots use a short passing game, rarely attempting to stretch the field. Teddy works in that system. They may be the only team we could move him to. If they sign or draft their guy this offseason, we want have that option again. Very unlikely, but man I can wish

22 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Unfortunately I think our best chance for a trade is this offseason. The Patriots wanted Teddy when we signed him. The Patriots once again need a QB. The Patriots use a short passing game, rarely attempting to stretch the field. Teddy works in that system. They may be the only team we could move him to. If they sign or draft their guy this offseason, we want have that option again. Very unlikely, but man I can wish

I think the Pats are gonna go after Stafford.

3 hours ago, Chief Keek said:

No thanks if all the QB are off the board they should trade back into midrange and get more picks.

I think trading back is easier said than done.

If all the QBs we want are off the board come #9, it's likely all the players teams would trade up for are gone too.

15 hours ago, stbugs said:

Wow, that might be one of the most interesting takes on this season. We had the 2nd worst (worst after week 1) D in the NFL last year and this year we were 18th. Last year we had the 15th* ranked offense and this year we had the 23rd best. Beginning of this year people were saying we’d have a top 5 offense and a horrific defense.

*Note that last year was also the Will Grier experiment that got us 9 points in 7 quarters so I excluded those games.

Let’s turn that question around. How many games did we have where the D stepped up at the end and gave Teddy a shot? A good QB turns around this season way more than a MLB, especially once they benched Whitehead.

Switching back to a 4-3 defence helped a bunch.

We drafted 4-3 personnel for years, then Rivera woke up one morning and decided he'd like to give a 3-4 a go. Disaster ensued.

On 12/29/2020 at 10:23 PM, SmittysLawnGuy said:

I love Luke but give me Russell Wilson in that draft everyday. I know we weren't in need of a QB then but we are now and that's the point.

If rewriting history based on hindsight why the hell wouldn't you draft Luke in the first and Wilson in the second?

That would have been Luke, Wilson, and Olsen who we traded the 3rd in 2012 for

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

If rewriting history based on hindsight why the hell wouldn't you draft Luke in the first and Wilson in the second?

That would have been Luke, Wilson, and Olsen who we traded the 3rd in 2012 for

To be fair to you I just went with the next quarterback taken. I was going to fall on that sword whether good or bad. Surprised how long I had to scroll to find one. Just lucked out it was Russ. Lol.

On 12/29/2020 at 10:37 PM, kass said:

I have heard this team has always had some great LB players. And few if any great QBs. 

How many super bowl wins? Or even playoff runs.

Two finals. One when Cam was unstoppable and one were Delhomme had his short run as a top qb.

Tells you all you need to know about position value.

3,200 yards with 19 TD and 16 INT is a "top QB?"

Here are the three scenarios that I think that happen if we do end up picking at nine

Scenario 1 (most ideal/least likely): One of the top 4 QBs fall to us, we take them. Both Rhule and more importantly Tepper want a QB this draft. Tepper is re-tooling this franchise from ground zero you can bet your ass he wants his guy at QB.

Scenario 2 (very likely): Trade up into top 5 for a QB. The Dolphins are a very likely candidate in this scenario. They could end up with pick 3 overall. They've done an excellent job building that roster and could add a legit piece at nine while adding our 3rd rounder and probably a 2nd or 3rd round in the future. Maybe more depending on the bidding war. 

Scenario 3: It's too costly to move up for a QB and all four are selected before 9. Trade down. Reading this tea leaves from what he has said in the past I don't think Rhule would be opposed to this. Trade down to like the 14 pick range, pick up an extra second or third rounder and draft the best CB or OT available. 

Archived