• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At 9, The Carolina Panthers Will Select

jfra78

Are we certain the Falcons are drafting a QB. Matt Ryan isn’t done and they have the pieces to win now. I could see a scenario like Green Bay when LaFleur took over where they add a few pieces to make a push before drafting their future QB the following year. They could honestly trade down or take a project QB later while Ryan let’s him develop for a year or two. If they draft a QB at pick 4, that means they expect him to play this year. So what happens with Ryan?

On 12/29/2020 at 6:58 PM, jfra78 said:

Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State

I know many of you are stuck on QB, but it just makes no sense to reach on a QB when you have the second coming of Luke Kuechly in the draft.  Before anyone says its a stretch to pick him that high, we picked Luke at the exact same spot in 2012.  This guy has rare size speed combination and the abilty to diagnose a play quickly. As a bonus we have the man himself, Kuechly, to help and mentor him.  He, paired with Shaq, would instantly upgrade this defense. This guy has only scratched the surface of his potential and will be a stud MLB for the Carolina Panthers.

http://ninetynineyards.com/2020/10/28/micah-parsons-scouting-report-everything-you-need-to-know/

DO.

NOT.

WANT.

Nothing against Parsons, who seems to be a heck of a player, but even the second coming of Luke isn't worth it as a top ten pick. MLB just does not have the impact on the game it once did. In fact I'd regard it as a the single lowest priority on the defensive side of the ball. The modern NFL is all about the passing game and MLB has the least impact against the pass of any position on the field. Even DT's who primarily stop the run and get push to collapse the pocket are a bigger need because of the greater scarcity of talent and difference between a pedestrian DT and a great one.

Luke was amazing, but his defense still struggled many years when it did not have a good pass rush and cover corners. Those things just matter more these days. MLB does not. Top ten picks should be for QB's, OT's, DE's, CB's and elite DT's.

23 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

DO.

NOT.

WANT.

Nothing against Parsons, who seems to be a heck of a player, but even the second coming of Luke isn't worth it as a top ten pick. MLB just does not have the impact on the game it once did. In fact I'd regard it as a the single lowest priority on the defensive side of the ball. The modern NFL is all about the passing game and MLB has the least impact against the pass of any position on the field. Even DT's who primarily stop the run and get push to collapse the pocket are a bigger need because of the greater scarcity of talent and difference between a pedestrian DT and a great one.

Luke was amazing, but his defense still struggled many years when it did not have a good pass rush and cover corners. Those things just matter more these days. MLB does not. Top ten picks should be for QB's, OT's, DE's, CB's and elite DT's.

And most of the beast linebackers have retired early in the last 15 years- Kuechly, Willis, Bowman. The elite guys can only take so much when your getting your head pounded in 130 times a season. It’s likely not worth the long term investment. Maybe in a rookie deal but a trend is developing after that. 

1 hour ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

DO.

NOT.

WANT.

I seem to remember luke being great in coverage. Everyone keeps saying this but all the elite defenses have great MLBs

DO.

NOT.

WANT.

Wait, so if someone said you could have a guaranteed HoF MLB with your first round pick in this Draft, you'd turn it down?

Wow.

DO.

NOT.

WANT.

You are clueless.  Nuff said

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

Wait, so if someone said you could have a guaranteed HoF MLB with your first round pick in this Draft, you'd turn it down?

Wow.

If someone told me I could have a guaranteed HOF MLB , OR I could have a guaranteed HOF QB, LT, DE or CB I would take any of the others over the guaranteed MLB.

Adding a hypothetical guarantee to one side of an argument doesn't make that side of the argument stronger, it just artificially tilts the argument.

Archived