• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fields dropping in McShays draft

raleigh-panther

I don't see what's concerning with Fields outside of a program stigma.  I trust we'll have a chill new staff to pick the right guy/go get him if we want him.  His mechanics are great, strong arm, leading throws, anticipation.  Can zero in at times but not remotely as bad as some mediocre NFL QBs.

I'm legit game for any of the top QBs.  Can easily throw my support behind any.

48 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

If Rhule likes him. Just go get him  

I think without Hurney the Panthers aren’t in the market for falling stars 

How you gonna to go get him if they aren’t willing to give him up? If he shows up against Bama and has a good game you think the Jets are going to stick with Darnold? Doubtful. 

It also gets into the territory of being way to expensive to move up because you can bet the farm Elway is going to be on the phone..maybe Arthur Blank as well. 

In that case you may be better off keeping your picks and rolling the dice with Wilson or Lance. 

Just do not win against NO and you have a chance. Don’t do it! 

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

How you gonna to go get him if they aren’t willing to give him up? If he shows up against Bama and has a good game you think the Jets are going to stick with Darnold? Doubtful. 

It also gets into the territory of being way to expensive to move up because you can bet the farm Elway is going to be on the phone..maybe Arthur Blank as well. 

In that case you may be better off keeping your picks and rolling the dice with Wilson or Lance. 

If it is felt he is a generational talent, do it or at least try to...can’t hit a home run if you don’t get up to bat.  

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

I mean if the Jets want him and don’t want to trade it there is nothing we can do about it. It wouldn’t have mattered if we lost to Washington or not we weren’t going to be picking 2nd. 

I wouldn’t trade away too much for any rookie QB. I feel like none of them are without risks... When people start talking about 3 first rounds picks plus more it sounds crazy to me.

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean if the Jets want him and don’t want to trade it there is nothing we can do about it. It wouldn’t have mattered if we lost to Washington or not we weren’t going to be picking 2nd. 

I wouldn’t trade away too much for any rookie QB. I feel like none of them are without risks... When people start talking about 3 first rounds picks plus more it sounds crazy to me.

I mean, if he ends up being your franchise QB, 3 firsts is nothing. But if he doesn't end up being the guy??? Well, you are probably already half a foot out the door as a coach or GM.

Not sure I'd gamble my career on a player like that.

On 12/31/2020 at 1:23 PM, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Jimmy Pickles 

season 8 episode 21 GIF

I put a lot of time into this research for you. As you can see the data on the first three cycles represent his high school and college ascension. Quarter four outward denotes the very first day he dawned a Panther Jersey. Please do your own homework next time!

When your the only guy laughing at your own posts.

free funny kid GIF by The Videobook

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, if he ends up being your franchise QB, 3 firsts is nothing. But if he doesn't end up being the guy??? Well, you are probably already half a foot out the door as a coach or GM.

Not sure I'd gamble my career on a player like that.

Exactly. 

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

It’s the first year I can recall where I adamantly want to trade up. This draft is that important. 

Honestly you could throw a dart at the Draft board and improve this team. We're so talent deficient. 

I'll worry about a Draft / offseason being crucial when we have a good football team that's missing one or two key players. 

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

It’s the first year I can recall where I adamantly want to trade up. This draft is that important. 

Why we didn’t try harder to lose last week is beyond me. Say you want to see if Grier should even be on the team. Try all backup OL since we have 1 OL under contract for only 1 year. Start as many backups as you can. The game doesn’t matter but evaluating players does. Ron really fuged us with his stubbornness as usual keeping a clearer awful Haskins in way too long. That and that punt return fumble.

Having pick 3 would be phenomenal. It wouldn’t take much to move up to 2 if the Jets didn’t want Fields and worst case you get Wilson if you like him or Sewell.

Funny that Fields is supposedly dropping one day then he goes out and demolishes Clemson and makes Lawrence look ordinary by comparison the next. Just another reason that there is no reason to mortgage the farm for a supposed top guy and why there are several guys who can be our franchise guy. The system is more important than the starter for the first time in forever if Brady stays .

Archived