• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CFP Semifinals part deux: 3 Ohio State vs 2 Clemson 800 PM EST

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen way too many Heisman quality college QBs bomb in the NFL.

That, plus I think we just have too many needs.

I'm not talking about Heisman quality. Lots of college players just don't translate well. It's why virtually no one is begging for Kyle Trask.

Just now, Varking said:

The truth is people got on the Wilson and Lance bandwagon and didn’t want to see any other candidates do well. Even when you explain to them why Fields had a bad game against Northwestern it didn’t matter. At the start of this game it didn’t matter. They can’t deny this first half though against a top team and still balling out while hurt. 
Some of those people also questioned his arm and it’s clear velocity isn’t an issue for him. 

Yup. Funny thing is, if Fields *actually* sucked it would make it less likely for us to get one of those two dudes.  Wilson and Lance are still realistic shots depending on next week.  Dunno why any fans here made it necessary to knock Fields because of that, but it is clear they did.

The reality is we haven't had a shot at Fields pretty much all year. He was very likely to go top 3, and we haven't been in that position.  Fields has it all, but maybe that's because I've watched a lot of his games. 

2 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Look, I am sure you are a 20 something that maybe played powder puff football for your school.  This is what has happened to football over the last thirty years, players are soft and we have all these baby rules.  I am not for someone trying to take someone's head off, but the Fields play is a by-product of the p&ssification of football.  QB can slide or get down and give himself up, he didn't and he took a good lick for it.....that's how the game is supposed to be played. 

Yeah and you can legally hit them without using your helmet and knock them on their butt. Using the crown of your helmet as a spear into someone’s ribs is dumb and risks injuries to both players. It was also dumb because it got him thrown out of the game on an obvious targeting call. I get it you are a Clemson fan, I’m not a fan of either team but I would like to keep players healthy and not risk their careers over one hit.

3 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Please tell me this was a joke or you win dumbest post of the year. Trust me that's next level shizz!

While Id argue you on the "dumbest post of the year" I confess its something I wish I had not hit "Submit Reply" on.

I would not trade a first rounder for 2022 unless it was for a franchise QB that is elite.  Will a new GM pull that trigger?  What is the difference between that and people who were saying, "Build the Line and Defense and draft Howell next year?" 

It is a very aggressive move, that is for sure.

6 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Look, I am sure you are a 20 something that maybe played powder puff football for your school.  This is what has happened to football over the last thirty years, players are soft and we have all these baby rules.  I am not for someone trying to take someone's head off, but the Fields play is a by-product of the p&ssification of football.  QB can slide or get down and give himself up, he didn't and he took a good lick for it.....that's how the game is supposed to be played. 

yeah man the more football players that die from head trauma in their 50s and 60s the fuging better!!!!! GET OUTTA HERE WITH THAR NO FUN LEAGUE!11!!

as plenty of players show, you can hit fuging hard without leading with your helmet.  that poo causes unnecessary injuries. it ruins careers. it deprives everyone of seeing quality athletes compete. these guys need to learn to tackle properly.

Just now, MHS831 said:

I would not trade a first rounder for 2022 unless it was for a franchise QB that is elite.  Will a new GM pull that trigger?  What is the difference between that and people who were saying, "Build the Line and Defense and draft Howell next year?" 

It is a very aggressive move, that is for sure.

I don't think we can afford to trade a first next year.  It is going to take *a ton* to move up to 1st or 2nd and I don't think that it is worth the bounty we'd need to give up to get one of these two guys, even if they are exciting to watch.  There are too many holes and unknowns and plenty of other decent prospects.

Archived