• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers pick 8

ladypanther

4 minutes ago, bababoey said:

Otah, Gamble, Brown (2nd round trade up but it cost us a 1st round in the following draft). Those are the only 3 I can think of.  Gamble was like 2 spots and it only cost us a 4th round pick but the other 2 cost us a 1st round pick the following year and then some.

I'm specifically talking about Brown and Otah there.  Brutal.

5 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Six QBs In the top 8 picks?  That would make NFL history.  Never has been done before. Not 5 or even 4.  Unless this draft bucks all NFL draft precedence, at most 3 QBs wil be gone before pick #8.

I don't think it is likely....but there are 5 teams in front of us that all are in need of a QB.   Which simply isn't ideal if you are a team that needs a QB. 

18 hours ago, NAS said:

Exactly - but folks were so excited to beat Washington, even if it means years of misery LMAO

wow I didn't know potentially rocking with Teddy or a not Top 3 QB means years of misery.

Gear up for those Super Bowls Jags

18 hours ago, musicman said:

I do NOT was a QB at 8. If it's not Lawrence or Fields, pass. Not sure if I would want Wilson. I would love CB Surtain to fall to us. A true shutdown corner from day 1, along with Jackson who played better (smarter) would give this Defense what we need. Our D-line was getting better and a year under Gross-Matos's belt with Obada's continued growth, with Burns, Brown and Kerr gives a us a real decent Defense front. Sam Franklin and Burris were solid along with Chinn who was great, heck even Elder and Carter played good. I year under the system and this defense will be better. 

We can get 2 Offensive lineman in the 2nd-3rd-4th rounds. It's gonna take at least a FA - TE and MLB and then we have a real competitive chance. That's saying we sign Samuel and Moton. Give Teddy a year, and O-line and a healthy CMC, Robby, DJ & Curtis, along with OC Brady having a year under his belt and we could win 10 games and the division next year. I have my worries about Teddy but this was not a fair year to evaluate anything. 

I like Surtain but he got abused by Kyle Pitts. 

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Personally I would not take a running qb like Lance.  He will not have a long career in the NFL.  Maybe in the later rounds but not the first and definitely not at 8 nor would I trade up for him.

If he isn't going to be our power back I'm not too concerned or impressed with the running, just a bonus. Lance has the arm, lots unknown because he lost this year except a goofy game and has huge upside if a complete prospect. It could be a huge positive if the coaches are not brain-dead and use our QB as the primary RB, like all the time...

Just now, Waldo said:

If he isn't going to be our power back I'm not too concerned or impressed with the running, just a bonus. Lance has the arm, lots unknown because he lost this year except a goofy game and has huge upside if a complete prospect. It could be a huge positive if the coaches are not brain-dead and use our QB as the primary RB, like all the time...

I just do not see enough to draft him that high.  He is over valued because of the desperate need of some teams needing a QB.  Never ever draft for need because you over draft ever single time.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I just do not see enough to draft him that high.  He is over valued because of the desperate need of some teams needing a QB.  Never ever draft for need because you over draft ever single time.

He looks good but raw on tape. High ceiling. With him it comes down to if the coaches think they can get him there. No idea if that's a yes or no, no way to know unless you are in the meetings and interviews. Deffinatly pass if a no. We actually have a coaching staff that could coach up a prospect. Thats such a change for us. I see a lot of potential with Lance, missing this year could drop a guy to us that could have substantially raised his value in a normal year.

28 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Personally I would not take a running qb like Lance.  He will not have a long career in the NFL.  Maybe in the later rounds but not the first and definitely not at 8 nor would I trade up for him.

Definition of insanity: 

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Cam was done by 30 because he did not fully evolve into a pocket passer and wasn't properly protected as a qb by the league.

Does anyone think if Lamar doesn't evolve into a more adept passer that he is likely to play much beyond 30?

Why would you draft a qb in this mold in the first knowing that even if he's successful, his shelf life will be about half that of true franchise qb's that play well into their 30's and beyond?

17 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Looking at that highlight video he’s running over guys who are washing cars at auto bell this week. Reminds me of RG3. They’ll break him if he runs like that in the nfl. Has potential to either be good 2-3 years down the road or be an incredible bust 

23 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Definition of insanity: 

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Cam was done by 30 because he did not fully evolve into a pocket passer and wasn't properly protected as a qb by the league.

Does anyone think if Lamar doesn't evolve into a more adept passer that he is likely to play much beyond 30?

Why would you draft a qb in this mold in the first knowing that even if he's successful, his shelf life will be about half that of true franchise qb's that play well into their 30's and beyond?

Lamar doesn't try and truck people like Cam or Big Ben did early in their careers. Lamar is more like RGIII or Vick. It will just depend on how much he limits the damage. Look at Russell Wilson(not a rushing QB, I know) he is able to avoid a ton of punishment on his rushing attempts by being smart. 

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Lamar doesn't try and truck people like Cam or Big Ben did early in their careers. Lamar is more like RGIII or Vick. It will just depend on how much he limits the damage. Look at Russell Wilson(not a rushing QB, I know) he is able to avoid a ton of punishment on his rushing attempts by being smart. 

This is true, but Lance on the other hand is seen trucking players on just about every run

Archived