• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles tanking

MHS831

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

What makes this bad?  I wanted Rhule to play some backups today and I wanted the team to lose.  However, the Eagles deactivated starters.  Once you dress your team, you let them play and you try to win. But when they made plays, the coach got involved to make them lose--going for it on 4th down with a play that involved Hurts moving to his left---not a strength.  Not kicking a tying FG in the fourth Q---I am sure they thought they would be losing big time by then and they would not have to intervene.  Then they put in a third string QB who was terrible--and they knew he would be.  As the announcers pointed out, taking the run option away from the attack allowed WFT's awesome pass rush (Kerrigan, Sweat, Chase, etc) to tee off--and it was ugly.  Then the camera focuses on Hurts, who says, "This ain't right."  They should be investigated and the draft pick should be taken from them.  

This. Hurts was the only thing keeping them competitive on offense so Pederson fixed that problem.

Match-fixing is illegal in the US.  Teams like Steelers and Chiefs that play back-ups announce so well in advance.  What Eagles did and the fact NFL is major for gambling can be classified as match-fixing and might be investigated by the FBI.  Including lawsuits.

Goodell is fuming right now.

Just now, Ja Rhule said:

Match-fixing is illegal in the US.  Teams like Steelers and Chiefs that play back-ups announce so well in advance.  What Eagles did and the fact NFL is major for gambling can be classified as match-fixing and might be investigated by the FBI.  Including lawsuits.

Don't hold your breath

1 minute ago, Ja Rhule said:

I’m not.  Just saying it’s illegal.  Up to FBI to look into it.  If they do... hold on to your butts.

It depends on how big the stink gets. Honestly, I think it'll probably fade pretty quickly as the narrative shifts to talking up the playoffs. But, we'll see. Tonight was BAD.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It depends on how big the stink gets. Honestly, I think it'll probably fade pretty quickly as the narrative shifts to talking up the playoffs. But, we'll see. Tonight was BAD.

Apparently Goodell is huge on integrity of the game mantra.  This was not good for the league.  If he does not put stop to it, it will happen more often, turning NFL into WWE.

The League has to address this or it can never talk about the integrity of the game again. How do you look at a Greg Hardy and suspend him for issues that happened outside the NFL citing the integrity of the game and allow point shaving, that effects multiple teams to go unpunished?

1 hour ago, Ja Rhule said:

Apparently Goodell is huge on integrity of the game mantra.  This was not good for the league.  If he does not put stop to it, it will happen more often, turning NFL into WWE.

Did you watch the same SB50 I did? Goodell has zero integrity. Giving Talib a 25k fine for intentionally trying to injur Brown? How many helmet to helmet hits on Cam? How many bullshit calls so the Manning could ride off into the sunset a winner? Nyah. Goodell is definitely not the pillar of integrity in the NFL. 

Archived