• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles tanking

MHS831

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

benching starters--The NFL needs to stop saying this does not happen--they are trying to lose.  I would even bet that Hurt under threw that ball

They’re going to draft a QB when Wentz is under contract and they spent a 2 on Hurts? Why? 

Unless you’re getting Lawrence then that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.

45 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

All week long- "We should have tanked the game for a better draft pick!!"

This week- " They blatantly tanked the game for a better draft pick!!"

Which one is it?

We should have done it. Now we watched another team do it. 

51 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

All week long- "We should have tanked the game for a better draft pick!!"

This week- " They blatantly tanked the game for a better draft pick!!"

Which one is it?

NFL exists as a form of entertainment, only because it has an audience.  Tanking is wrong on two levels.  As bad for entertainment/business and as a matter of pride/principle.

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're you watching the game? The guy was running for his life. On his INT, the ball whizzed right past Zach Ertz who never even made a play on it. The same Zach Ertz who barely got out of his stance to try to block for the 3rd stringer on the final drive on 3rd down. He let that poor guy get blown up. 

Didn’t watch just read some comments 

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

So, it turns out tanking is very real. Never seen it that obvious before.

The only reason the Eagles are getting bashed for this is because they made it so damn obvious. You can quietly and subtly do a lot of things to not go all out for the W. I mean, do we really think CMC isn't healthy enough to play? If we were fighting for a playoff berth CMC would've been playing the last 2-3 weeks. What the Eagles did last night was blatant and flies in the face of the "always play to win" mantra despite the very real fact that for a team in their position losing is the better outcome.  But you have to still put on a show to uphold the integrity of the game and not send the message to your own players that you're sabotaging them. Admittedly, it's a fine line to walk.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The only reason the Eagles are getting bashed for this is because they made it so damn obvious. You can quietly and subtly do a lot of things to not go all out for the W. I mean, do we really think CMC isn't healthy enough to play? If we were fighting for a playoff berth CMC would've been playing the last 2-3 weeks. What the Eagles did last night was blatant and flies in the face of the "always play to win" mantra despite the very real fact that for a team in their position losing is the better outcome.  But you have to still put on a show to uphold the integrity of the game and not send the message to your own players that you're sabotaging them. Admittedly, it's a fine line to walk.

I do genuinely think that CMC isn't healthy. Healthy enough to play? Yeah, probably. But I think it might be more out of a concern for our investment in him than anything.

And, he probably would have aided exactly 0 victories during that stretch. Last time I checked, he hasn't attempted more than 1 pass in a game.

"I’ll tell you what, I have a lot of respect for Philadelphia," Washington coach Ron Rivera said. "Those guys could have rolled over and they didn’t. They fought us. You have to give them credit, you really do, for playing the way they did and making it a fight.”

Archived