• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scouting Combine might not happen

Mr. Scot

I think the risks of the combine in a covid environment outweigh the benefits of what is basically just a giant workout and interview session. It's conveniant to have everyone in one place, but not absolutely necessary. If they don't have it, it will probably hurt smaller school prospects who are less visible though.

Yikes, that's a new conplication. If they were to have to cancle the combine, I wonder what the adjustments would be to compensate. Meetings via video is an easy fix. Are pro days and private workouts on the table also be canceled?

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Yikes, that's a new conplication. If they were to have to cancle the combine, I wonder what the adjustments would be to compensate. Meetings via video is an easy fix. Are pro days and private workouts on the table also be canceled?

I hope they increase the number of in person workouts each team can have.  

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I hope they increase the number of in person workouts each team can have.  

And interviews.

If they are doing regional combines, I guess teams are going to have to go visit prospects and not have the prospects traveling far for personal visits.

I don’t see why any kid who wants to go to the combine can’t go and have it be treated like the bubbles for different sports. Have the kids go there for three weeks. Team representatives go for three weeks as well. Quarantine for two when you get there and one week of drills and interviews. 

This will hurt the guys from small schools that haven't really been scouted, but won't hurt the guys that people already know about. 

"Tape > stats!" --@Verge

Fans put way more importance on the Combine than NFL people do, analytics or not! I'm fairly certain that individual interviews and private workouts are more coveted by scouts and coaches.

Archived