• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will get a look at Senior Bowl QB's

I saw this and thought it was worthy of its own thread. 

Of particular interest to the Panthers, here are the six QBs in the Sr. Bowl:

-Kyle Trask

-Jamie Newman

-Kellen Mond

-Ian Book

-Feleipe Franks

-Sam Ehlinger

Do any of these prospects intrigue you?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I hope we take a good look at Jamie Newman. Trask just doesn't have a strong enough arm to be a franchise QB and I think we've all seen enough deep balls coming up short for DJ.

Nope. We have our sights set much higher than these guys at QB. Coaching the game will definitely benefit our scouting for days 2 and 3 though.

• Beer 2
5 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

I hope we take a good look at Jamie Newman. Trask just doesn't have a strong enough arm to be a franchise QB and I think we've all seen enough deep balls coming up short for DJ.

Newman is Jordan Love 2.0. A project QB that may be a decent starter over time, but will be a backup for a while and likely just remain a backup.

Lol @ this Trask arm talk. If he DIDN'T have an arm he wouldn't be starting and he wouldn't have put up 4125+ yrds 43TDS.

The word you're looking for is ACCURATE. Timely. Spreads the ball out to all his talent. High IQ.

Kyle Trask is bigger than all but Trevor. He's heavier than Trevor. 6'5" 240lb hog Mollie pushing from MANvel TX. Country strong. He's a high IQ guy, he'll be an excellent NFL QB. Nice mechanics. Touch.