• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pederson fired by Eagles

Mr. Scot

26 minutes ago, Zod said:

No owner knows how to build a winning team. It is always trial by fire. It's not like. Superbowl owner decides to switch teams and own a different team. It is always a learning process

My boy in the wrong thread! 
Put down the bourbon!

you meant to target me and my awesome thread about Tepp !

me next time !

5 hours ago, BrianS said:

Did you watch them play?  Hurts was not good.  Wentz was not good.  They need someone to come in and salvage that room or they may well be in play for a QB.  What's worse, they have two "dual threat" QB's there.  What if the new staff wants a passer?

All cards down . . . I like Wentz.  I don't know what happened to him.  I think there's a player in there somewhere.  But the fans up there do NOT like him.  The staff (former) up there clearly had doubts.  His contract is untradeable in this cap environment.

That situation up there is pretty important for our FO to keep an eye on.

Wentz has serious mechanical issues which break down under pressure.

Same as Cam. When things are going well can be lights out. When there's pressure be it from behind, pass rush, season going bad these flaws can creep up.

If you can fix it it'd be awesome.

Team did not agree w benching Wentz.  Had nothing to do with Hurts being a bad guy, just that the team knew it was not Wentz fault and then unfair he was made the fall guy.  Someone showed the sacks, knockdowns against their QB, etc around the league and I think Philly was leading that by a large margin.

Philly has a lot of problems and when the coach decides to scapegoat players rather than inspire them, then you lose the locker room.  Add tanking and the environment is not one built for future success.  Maybe Reich was the guy behind the scenes for the success, who knows.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

And in both cases, kept Howie Roseman.

The comparison of Lurie-Roseman to Richardson-Hurney is a valid one.

And to make matters worse, the one time Roseman was pushed aside, it was for Chip Kelly.

You have to wonder if Moe, Larry, and Curley are calling the shots in Philly.

Archived