• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Championship Thread: 3 The Ohio State Buckeyes vs 1 Alabama Crimson Tide 8 PM All ESPN Networks

36 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Won't be watching.

How Saban's Alabama teams remained safe from the NCAA while other SEC teams have been constantly scrutinized is beyond me. Fug him and the Tide.

Ohio State doesn't belong. The selection committee had to justify them being ranked as a top 4 team before the season started, after the season started for everyone else, and remained ranked before they even played a game. They only played 6 games and their own conference had to change the rules so they could play for their own conference championship.

While other ranked teams were losing games because they had players out due to COVID, Ohio State decided not to play half their schedule and it didn't hurt them at all. Hell, if I were coaching a team this season, I would have opted out of every game once I posted first game-first win. I'm in the CFP at 1-0!  

The "OSU doesn't belong" argument kinda went out the window when they blew out Clemson.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The "OSU doesn't belong" argument kinda went out the window when they blew out Clemson.

Sure, safe to say that after the fact. OSU shouldn't have been in the top 4 to begin with. Plenty of undefeated teams out there who played more games than OSU and should have been above them only to lose their conference championship.

And, while you mention Clemson by the way, didn't they actually drop from 1 to 2 without losing a game?

14 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Sure, safe to say that after the fact. OSU shouldn't have been in the top 4 to begin with. Plenty of undefeated teams out there who played more games than OSU and should have been above them only to lose their conference championship.

And, while you mention Clemson by the way, didn't they actually drop from 1 to 2 without losing a game?

There's never going to be anything close to a perfect system, especially with only four teams involved. They've always said their goal is to get the four best teams not necessarily the four most deserving. I think it's pretty clear that OSU is one of the four best. Now ND on the other hand...

For what its worth FOX Sport's Joel Klatt is reporting that with a good performance tonight Mac Jones can "catapult himself into the Top 15 of the NFL draft." I wish he would have said if this was something he was hearing from a source or just blowing smoke to fill time.

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

Someone sounds like a butt hurt Clemsuck fan. 

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

Clearly they should have. They crushed Clemson.

Alabama has been number one from the very beginning.

Archived