• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter: Growing sense, DeShaun is done as a Texan. #itshappening

27 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

Houston is actually sitting pretty on this

new coach, new GM, dump a ton of salary, pick a new young qb, and stockpile #1’s

Nope. They're a fuging mess. Cal McNair is probably the worst owner in the sport, especially as long as he allows Jack Easterby to hold onto power.

I honestly don't get why so many around here are against the idea of trading for Watson. Next to Patrick Mahomes there isn't a better young QB in football than Deshaun Watson; the fact that this is even a possibility is shocking to me and a result of unique circumstances within the Texans organization.

I understand not wanting to trade away too many picks, but we're talking about trading them for a legit franchise QB in his prime that could make us contenders for a decade or more.

Maybe we don't have the ammo to get a deal done, but we can't be too afraid to take a risk when the payoff is this big.

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I honestly don't get why so many around here are against the idea of trading for Watson. Next to Patrick Mahomes there isn't a better young QB in football than Deshaun Watson; the fact that this is even a possibility is shocking to me and a result of unique circumstances within the Texans organization.

I understand not wanting to trade away too many picks, but we're talking about trading them for a legit franchise QB in his prime that could make us contenders for a decade or more.

Maybe we don't have the ammo to get a deal done, but we can't be too afraid to take a risk when the payoff is this big.

I think everyone would be thrilled if we got him but too many things would work against this ever happening. We are a rebuilding team, he has a no trade clause which would require him to agree to go to whatever team that wants to trade, we don’t have the draft capital, and we don’t have the Cap to get him either with Teddy still owed 20+ million. A rookie QB seems to be our best and most realistic shot at a franchise QB at this point 

7 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Jets and Dolphins are both in a really good position draft capital wise to make this trade. Both also have young QB’s they can offer on top of that.

I do not see the Jets as being a DW away from competing. They are terrible. It’ll be same results as the Texans and then they won’t be able to build with him bc they’d trade all of their draft assets.  

6 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

I do not see the Jets as being a DW away from competing. They are terrible. It’ll be same results as the Texans and then they won’t be able to build with him bc they’d trade all of their draft assets.  

Well they would still have high picks in this year’s draft and a 1st next year. On top of that, they have a TON of money to spend. Watson is young. They could be competitive in 3 years. 

Here’s the problem.... It’s going to be hard for DW4 to end up anywhere that’s going to be a great destination for him. Texans want draft capital and probably a good player. Only teams I can really think of that would be good for DW4 might be San Francisco or Chicago, but those teams would have to give up two 1st rounders and Bosa/Mack. 

I know this is crazy to say, but Jets would be more enticing for me if I’m Watson because even after they trade for him, they’d have draft capital and money to spend. Staying in Houston, they have neither. 

8 hours ago, kass said:

What other teams could be in the mix? 

Could Rams be one? Goff is a starter but no star. He could have trade value. Houston are not in position to draft a new QB this year. Goff + 1 2022 and 1 2023. And Watson come to a playoff team + in a big market. 

Ravens?  Trade Lamar Jackson. Not high on Lamar, I don't think he will be consistent enough during his career. I would rather have Watson.

Patriots? Houston GM connection, they need a QB. Not sure they have enough draft capital to make the trade. 

Saints?

tenor.gif

I don't ever really post here and haven't for a while(you can tell by the user name lol) but came here to see how you all felt about potentially Watson. Then I see this, we about to extend him with a new contract that even I'm skeptical of but feel he'll be alright if we can get him some receivers. 

As for Watson, I would like to see you guys trade for him because that would put you guys back on track as contenders immediately. I know this isn't the NBA but this league is driven by QBs more than ever. They certainly give it a NBA feel where one QB changes the entire team. IE, Tom Brady having the Bucs on the doorstep of the Super Bowl. You guys finished 5-11, the Bears backed into the playoffs as the 7th seed at 8-8. You had 8 games that were lost by 8 or less points, and if you a few of those games including the Bears game, you may have been in as the 7th seed. Wish you all the best in 2021. 

8 hours ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

I am neither stupid or trying to sensationalize anything. I saw three Miami games in which Tua looked lost (being kind) and clearly a much worse QB than Fitzpatrick not to mention Herbert who was drafted after him. The Panthers trading a second round pick for Tua would be STUPID. Houston might like that trade and Miami would love it. The Panthers would be screwed in that deal.

Sorry but this is a terrible take.....

A little over a year ago it was assumed he would be the #1 pick in the draft and still went top 5.

Sure he had a few rough spots, but he also looked good a few times as well.  CMC/DJ/Robby is significantly better than the weapons he had in Miami.

If you can get a top 5 picked QB the next year for a 2nd rounder who didn't look like garbage, you take it in a heartbeat.

Worst case scenario is that he's not great, we get another top 10 pick next year to spend on a franchise QB and turn Tua into one of the better backups in the league, win win.

Just now, tukafan21 said:

Sorry but this is a terrible take.....

A little over a year ago it was assumed he would be the #1 pick in the draft and still went top 5.

Sure he had a few rough spots, but he also looked good a few times as well.  CMC/DJ/Robby is significantly better than the weapons he had in Miami.

If you can get a top 5 picked QB the next year for a 2nd rounder who didn't look like garbage, you take it in a heartbeat.

Worst case scenario is that he's not great, we get another top 10 pick next year to spend on a franchise QB and turn Tua into one of the better backups in the league, win win.

To say we don't have a chance at all it moronic.  While things may not be in our favor we shouldn't imply no way.

DW4 went to Clemson in South Carolina.  That is part of our fan base.  He could very happy to come back to this neck of the woods,  No one really knows.

Our offensive weapons would make him an MVP if we can get him a decent line.

You can say our chances aren't good but don't say we don't have a chance at all.  Simply Moronic statements. 

17 hours ago, 45catfan said:

He needs to go to a team on the cusp just lacking solid QB play and we aren't there yet.  We will have to mortgage our future to get him.  So no.  Let's build through the draft and not through FA or high-profile trades.

QBs at that level of talent ARE the future.  We wouldn't be mortgaging anything.

Archived