• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport: Panthers expected to be in the mix for Watson.

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

You mean CMC's and Shaq's?  Those are new deals.  They are on the books for a while. Also, have you even seen Watson's contract?  Cap friendly this year before hitting ~$40 million a year after that.  But I get it, he's going to come here, rip up his contract and graciously take a huge pay cut just because the Huddle wants it so.

Na, I was talking Luke’s, Short, and a few others. He’ll get paid handsomely regardless. You a salary cap manager? Please tell me more. 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

But we are more than a QB away.  This team needs about a dozen starters and depth everywhere.  You guys are drinking the Kool-Aid just because this team managed to not look like ass and win a couple of games.  

this is a bit reactionary, good teams aren't really as complete as they appear from the outside

it's about being good at essential spots, this team has some pieces in place in that regard, and the discussion here is centering around another

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

You would be willing to sacrifice a ton of potential talent, and lose a ton of current talent over the next 5-10 years for the few measly games that could have been won this year?

Trading 3 first rounders is in reality losing 2 players dog.  Watson for 8 and we lose 2 mid to late first round players the next 2 drafts.  Its not “a ton of talent”

Edited by Shocker

Just now, joemac said:

Works for me if that’s what it takes. Resign Mike Davis and roll with him. He’s proven good enough to carry the load.

CMC’s best days are clearly behind him. Running backs never sustain the kind of play he achieved in 2019. He’s still a great player,  but he’s definitely on the slow decline. Mike Davis and a running back by committee approach would be a good thing. But if they can find a way to keep CMC AND get Watson....look out!

The irony if the Panthers trade CMC for Watson when they could have just drafted him then lol. 

Just now, Growl said:

this is a bit reactionary, good teams aren't really as complete as they appear from the outside

it's about being good at essential spots, this team has some pieces in place in that regard, and the discussion here is centering around another

And when those few pieces get injured and the loses start piling up because you have no depth or heaven forbid your high priced big name qb that you traded away all your capital for building to acquire then what?

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

CMC’s best days are clearly behind him. Running backs never sustain the kind of play he achieved in 2019. He’s still a great player,  but he’s definitely on the slow decline. Mike Davis and a running back by committee approach would be a good thing. But if they can find a way to keep CMC AND get Watson....look out!

The irony if the Panthers trade CMC for Watson when they could have just drafted him then lol. 

Lol come on man. CMC is 24 years old. His best days are not behind him, and he is going nowhere.

Edited by WarPanthers89

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

And the Huddle would have melted down given Cam's situation.  Not saying it would have been a bad move at all, but the Cam crowd would have blasted the organization for giving up on Newton too soon.

Edited by 45catfan

8 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

You would be willing to sacrifice a ton of potential talent, and lose a ton of current talent over the next 5-10 years for the few measly games that could have been won this year?

Do you mean 3 players? Im assuming you are referring to us trading 3 first rounds picks (which I dont think we will offer more than 2)

If that's the case, I dont think we are risking "a ton" of potential talent. Just two players.

It’s Deshaun Watson and you guys would turn him away. He is massive potential actualized, not some maybe draft pick. You act like we won’t be able to draft a soul in the entire draft for 5 years. You act like we can’t sign anyone in FA. You don’t let an elite young QB pass you by. He’s a franchise changing player.