• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson not the only big name vet at QB that we're looking at?

ncfan

1 hour ago, Mage said:

Lions main focus is getting Stafford's contract off their hands.  I'd take the trade if it was Teddy B + a 3rd round pick.

Stafford with DJ Moore and Robby Anderson would be DUMB fun to watch

Yup

Dude has just been stuck on a terrible franchises 

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

He wouldn't have the remainder of his career.  They own his rights, even if he retires.

The $10.5m this year the could lose, is actually his first "big" year of salary.  The other years were lower amounts from his rookie contract.  The majority of money he has all ready received was from his signing bonus, of which they could go after and take back.

It's only marginally more than he made in 2020($9.8 mil). I suppose they could just hold him hostage for that length of time but they would essentially be establishing a permanent place as the worst franchise in the NFL. I sincerely doubt you will see any sort of player that isn't just chasing an easy paycheck want anything to do with them. 

He isn't destitute and I highly doubt the franchise wants to continue to lose money in a pointless and vindictive pissing match. I also don't think that ruining the career of one of the leagues budding stars would go over well in the league offices. 

Like I said, Watson has the bulk of the leverage here. The Texans may not realize that because they are a terribly run organization but if he decides he isn't playing there anymore, there isn't a lot they can do about it. 

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Spending resources to get Stanford is moving in the wrong direction. Signing him as a free agent would be a different story. 

That depends on the resources spent. Stafford's money owed is extremely cheap for a player of his caliber. So if you could get him for a 3rd round pick(just throwing out an example), I'd make that trade in a heartbeat. 

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's only marginally more than he made in 2020($9.8 mil). I suppose they could just hold him hostage for that length of time but they would essentially be establishing a permanent place as the worst franchise in the NFL. I sincerely doubt you will see any sort of player that isn't just chasing an easy paycheck want anything to do with them. 

He isn't destitute and I highly doubt the franchise wants to continue to lose money in a pointless and vindictive pissing match. I also don't think that ruining the career of one of the leagues budding stars would go over well in the league offices. 

Like I said, Watson has the bulk of the leverage here. The Texans may not realize that because they are a terribly run organization but if he decides he isn't playing there anymore, there isn't a lot they can do about it. 

If you think he has that much leverage what do you honestly think he gets traded for and to who?

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

I actually don't hate the Stafford idea as much as I originally thought. 

He's 32. He likely has 3-4 more good years left in him before his game tanks. 

I wouldn't give up anything more than a second for Stafford though. But if they took our second I'd draft a LT in round 1 and go all in a CB number one in free agency. Sign Stafford to a three year extension. Boom. There's your three year window to win. 

If it all blows up you haven't given up any future picks, have a LT for the future and CB is always a need in the NFL.

The future of the nfc is wide open and we are better situated perhaps moreso than any other team in the conference to be the architects of protracted dominance

I don't want a window

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Hes had exactly ONE gamebreaking offensive weapon in his entire career with the Lions.

I've seen a #1 draft pick that has had UFA tackles and absolutely no weapons take his team to the SB. He lost, but  that's still not bust material like Mr. Stafford. That lone weapon that he had was a beast and he still couldn't do what #1 PICKS OF THE DRAFT are drafted for. He still couldn't will a play off game with MegaTron. Knock it off and think about other prospects. What do you think he would do here?

• Poo 3

Just now, AU-panther said:

If you think he has that much leverage what do you honestly think he gets traded for and to who?

There is literally no telling. Remember, all this trade talk is 100% theoretical based on him being very upset. 

He may not even want to get traded at all. Until he or his reps or people near him start whispering to reporters about his intentions, this is all speculative. 

I can tell you where I THINK he SHOULD go but I have zero idea what his desires are for his career path. I couldn't even begin to accurately surmise that. 

And "for what?" That can't be known until the scenario is known. What if he says, "Anywhere but Houston?" Well, that means the bidding war is on and it could indeed be at the extreme prices that some have speculated. What if he says, "Only *insert 2-3 teams*." Well, now you have a pared down bidding war. Could get extreme if one team really, really wants him and is willing to do anything. What if he says, "Only *insert team*." In that case, the only real threshold is whatever the minimum Houston is willing to let him go for is before they say, "fug it, we'll wait until next offseason or until an injury happens." In this case, it's all about what Houston actually thinks they can get and what they are willing to accept.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Fitspresso Reviews (New Updated Customer Warning Alert!!) EXPosed Real Ingredients MAY#$FITS$49 FitSpresso Reviews: Overall, the reviews of FitSpresso are mostly positive (Rating 4.92/5). It seems to be a safe and effective way to help you lose weight without having to make any major lifestyle changes. If you're looking for an easy and convenient way to lose weight, then this product may be worth considering. This FitSpresso reviews will explore whether this weight loss powder can deliver on its claims to increase energy, burn fat, and improve wellbeing using natural ingredients. FitSpresso contains metabolism-activating compounds like green tea, probiotics, and Guarana seed to ignite fat burning while curbing hunger. GET YOUR FitSpresso 75% DISCOUNT NOW Click here to Learn More Fitspresso Coffee Users say mixing one scoop of FitSpresso into water or a smoothie gives them sustained energy and focus to power through healthy habits and workouts. Keep reading this FitSpresso review to learn more about how its research-backed formula provides an advantage for achieving your weight loss goals. With FitSpresso, get ready to rediscover your zest for life! Losing weight is about more than dropping pounds – it’s about achieving better health. A supplement like FitSpresso that addresses overall wellbeing may offer an adjunct to diet and exercise for those struggling to slim down. Read on for the full FitSpresso Review and decide if it could be right for you. FitSpresso Coffee: A Novel Weight Loss Supplement! The report published by the US National Institutes of Health should raise everyone’s eyebrows as it states one in three adults is overweight. The modern age has offered lots of advantages and people in general lead a life of comfort. It has manifested itself in ways like obesity that most of us tend to ignore. GET YOUR FitSpresso 75% DISCOUNT NOW Click here to Learn More Fitspresso Coffee What Is FitSpresso? FitSpresso is a weight management formula that promotes healthy weight loss along with multiple health benefits. It is an organic blend of potent natural substances branded as effective in dealing with most of the health ailments we face in our daily lives. The FitSpresso weight loss supplement is made in an FDA-approved facility that is certified by the GMP. It does not have any trace of GMOs or chemical stimulants added in its formulation. It is a natural weight loss aid that can be taken by all adults without age restrictions. How Does FitSpresso Work? FitSpresso is an herbal weight loss formula that makes use of exogenous ketones that promote weight loss in a fast and effective manner. The supplement’s potent ingredients do not allow fat deposition in the body and help to burn stored fats in a sustainable manner. Besides, it also contains ingredients that help to manage stress and thereby speed up the process of weight loss. It works round the clock and supports metabolic processes in the body throughout. Another advantage that FitSpresso fat burner has is its ability to maintain healthy blood sugar levels. The FitSpresso supplement suppresses sugar cravings and helps you stay mentally focused on your daily activities. It helps consistent fat-burning through thermogenesis, a process in which the body raises its temperature. FitSpresso Real Customer Reviews FitSpresso has the reputation of receiving maximum numbers of positive feedback in short time frames. The FitSpresso users have opened up their minds and minced no words in complementing the supplement for its effective results. However, not all FitSpresso customer reviews received were positive. We could also see some criticism against it for the delayed action in producing results. Scientific Evidence Behind Key Ingredients The FitSpresso weight loss supplement is backed by solid scientific evidence. Plenty of studies are available on the ingredients used in the formula and the working principle that it follows. The supplement consists of a proprietary blend of 6 ingredients. All the FitSpresso ingredients used in the supplement are listed below along with scientific studies on the benefits that they offer: FitSpresso Side Effects FitSpresso, unlike many other supplements, has no chemicals added to its formulation. It is due to this fact that the supplement does not induce any health problems in the long run. There haven’t been any single instances of side effects for it anywhere to date. Please follow the label instructions strictly to avoid overuse of the supplement. FitSpresso Reviews: Conclusion FitSpresso is a novel weight loss supplement that is formulated using core natural materials specifically designed to manage your body weight. It is made using organic and herbal compounds which have a record of aiding us in health matters. In this FitSpresso review, the supplement is made in high-quality production centers registered under the FDA and certified by GMP which are located in the US. It is made available in the form of healthy capsules which are ideal for oral consumption. FitSpresso has garnered a lot of positive feedback in short periods. In the FitSpresso reviews for weight loss, the user community has made their approval for the supplement public in their positive reviews. The supplement is affordable at lower rates along with added discounts. GET YOUR FitSpresso 75% DISCOUNT NOW Click here to Learn More Fitspresso Coffee .. . . Click here to Buy FitSpresso and Get Up to 75% DISCOUNT NOW Click here to Learn More about Fitspresso Coffee FitSpresso customer reviews FitSpresso Coffee Reviews FitSpresso FitSpresso Review FitSpresso Real Reviews FitSpresso Reviews Australia FitSpresso Reviews FitSpresso Coffee FitSpresso Coffee Loophole Reviews is Fitspresso Safe?