• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers to be 'aggressive' in pursuit of potential Deshaun Watson trade

Proudiddy

18 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

This. Other teams have more to give the Texans but Watson gets final say and he may not want to go to those teams. 

Then honestly they fine him his entire salary for next year and try again.

They're not going to give him up for peanuts.

2 minutes ago, gruffmusic said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'DESHAUN WATSON TRADE PROPOSALS via Bill Barnwell TEXANS GET 8th Overall Pick PANTHERS GET 39th Overall Pick QB Deshaun Watson 2022 First-Round Pick 2022 Third-Round Pick 2023 First-Round Pick 2023 Fourth-Round Pick QB Teddy Bridgewater ESPR'

That's a good enough trade to get us into the Wildcard every year for the next 3 of the next 4 years. Then after another 2-3 years of building talent through the draft we'll be able to be a Super Bowl team with Watson around 31 or 32 years of age.

• Pie 1

Just now, HardcoreHokie said:

I don’t understand why so many people are saying this.  Deshaun Watson is a Top-3 quarterback not even in his prime.  DJ Moore is easily replaceable in the draft (even mid—round)...and is about to demand elite WR money.  Burns is our most valuable asset, but to get an elite quarterback he is more than expendable.  

Hell, I’d trade both of them and next year’s first if they’d agree to take Teddy’s contract back.  But I don’t think they’d do it without this year’s #8.

For this particular player in this particular instance, I’m fine with selling the farm and trusting that our coaches can hit in the later rounds and free agency.

How many years did it take to Carolina to find a #1 receiver? 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

One other thing people aren’t talking about...the NFL is clearly starting to mimic the NBA.  Superstars can go where they want now.  And superstars attract other superstars.  You trade for Deshaun, renegotiate that contract, and then next thing you know his friends (Hopkins, Watt, etc) want to play with him again.  

This is the new NFL.  If a Lebron/Harden/Durant shows you love...you go ALL-IN and figure the details out later.

On the other hand, it's what's turned the NBA into a shitshow of haves and have-nots. Parity? Bwahhhh!

2 minutes ago, Car123 said:

How many years did it take to Carolina to find a #1 receiver? 

As much as I know everyone love DJ Moore, I'm not so sold on him. I think he's a very good WR, but I'm not sure he's a #1. He doesn't change the game like I expect him too. 

In all honesty, if we got a good deal, and Moore was going the other way, I wouldn't be too upset with getting Watson in the exchange.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

Then honestly they fine him his entire salary for next year and try again.

They're not going to give him up for peanuts.

With what teams like the Dolphins and Jets can offer, to get our foot in the door we'd probably have to offer the farm, the kitchen sink, God's green earth and everything under the sun.

8 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

I don’t understand why so many people are saying this.  Deshaun Watson is a Top-3 quarterback not even in his prime.  DJ Moore is easily replaceable in the draft (even mid—round)...and is about to demand elite WR money.  Burns is our most valuable asset, but to get an elite quarterback he is more than expendable.  

Hell, I’d trade both of them and next year’s first if they’d agree to take Teddy’s contract back.  But I don’t think they’d do it without this year’s #8.

For this particular player in this particular instance, I’m fine with selling the farm and trusting that our coaches can hit in the later rounds and free agency.

That's a lot of trust you have. 

DJ will demand elite WR money because that's what he is. With Deshaun throwing him the ball, he will be top 5 easy. His production won't be replaced in the 3rd round. 

Burns is the only hope on defense at this point of no being the worst in the league. Without his pass rushing every QB we face will be standing in the pocket for 5+ seconds... EVERY PLAY.

I'm all for McCaffrey going to Houston, but definitely not Burns.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

With what teams like the Dolphins and Jets can offer, to get our foot in the door we'd probably have to offer the farm, the kitchen sink, God's green earth and everything under the sun.

It's a franchise crippling deal for us - with a roster that needs all the help it can get.

Watson threw for a billion yards last year and still only won 4 games. He'd be in the same situation here.

As you state, the Jets and the Dolphins are perfectly poised to make the trade if they want. I can't imagine many other teams realistically being in with a shot. 

Edited by OldhamA
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1