• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers to be 'aggressive' in pursuit of potential Deshaun Watson trade

Proudiddy

One thing I haven't seen discussed:  The Texans are scheduled to play both the Dolphins and Jets next year, but obviously not the Panthers until 2023.  You never know, wanting to avoid that kind of matchup again, which very well could be a priority of a bad owner, could be the marginal difference that tilts things in our favor.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Car123 said:

How many years did it take to Carolina to find a #1 receiver? 

How many years will it take us to find an “in his prime” Top-2 quarterback.

WR is overrated anyway.  Robbie at #1 with DJ at #2 and CMC in the slot is an embarrassment of riches.  

But our quarterback sucks.  If they want to include DJ in a Watson deal...I throw that card on the table without even thinking.  

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Then honestly they fine him his entire salary for next year and try again.

They're not going to give him up for peanuts.

The longer Watson goes without playing the less the Texans are going to get in a trade for him. That's where Watson has some leverage if he is truly willing to sit out a year (I kinda doubt that, but we'll see how far each side is willing to take it... Watson not playing hurts him too).

37 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

This. Other teams have more to give the Texans but Watson gets final say and he may not want to go to those teams. 

He's also under contract for five years and given the position he plays (a year sitting out wouldn't affect his value much) the Texans could play hardball with him and tell him to pound sand (sit out). 

I would love Watson btw I'm terrified bow much we would have to give up and the kind of line he would end up behind.

2 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

No way.  It will likely be top player, second rounder this year and 1st rounder next year.  I’m afraid DJ Moore might be a goner cause he got 1-2 year left and he’s worth a lot and Panthers might not want to pay him.

Rhule LOVES DJ. Recruited him to Temple. Arguably one of our top 3 players. No way he is leaving.