• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per source, Carolina is one of Deshaun Watson’s preferred destinations if traded.

Julio

The exciting thing is, regardless of Watson's end (although personally I do believe he has mutual interest in Carolina as well)...  we're in the national conversation.  We're clearly interested in improving and getting better and will explore every avenue to do so.  This type of thing would've never happened under JR.

• Pie 7

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That the Panthers are interested and willing to aggressively pursue trade talks has been confirmed by more than one established source.

Outside of Watson's social media account liking a post about him going to the Jets, there hasn't really been much from his end.

As far as rumors, I'm pretty sure I could go to twenty different NFL message boards and every one of them would have somebody who knows somebody who knows he wants to come to their team, and they probably all have an equal amount of credibility (i.e. not much).

Maybe it's true. Maybe it's not. Maybe he ends up here. Maybe he doesn't. Right now, I'm not buying either Watson's or Stafford ending up here...

...but you never know.

rachel dratch snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That the Panthers are interested and willing to aggressively pursue trade talks has been confirmed by more than one established source.

Outside of Watson's social media account liking a post about him going to the Jets, there hasn't really been much from his end.

As far as rumors, I'm pretty sure I could go to twenty different NFL message boards and every one of them would have somebody who knows somebody who knows he wants to come to their team, and they probably all have an equal amount of credibility (i.e. not much).

Maybe it's true. Maybe it's not. Maybe he ends up here. Maybe he doesn't. Right now, I'm not buying either Watson's or Stafford ending up here...

...but you never know.

That’s fair, but it’s probably going to be the Jets or Miami offering then more capital than Watson not wanting to come here.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That’s fair, but it’s probably going to be the Jets or Miami offering then more capital than Watson not wanting to come here.

We don't really even know that Watson's going to have one preferred destination.

He may find three or four different places acceptable. If so, after that it's just a matter of choosing the best offer.

But hey, it's possible that behind the scenes, he's kicking, screaming, pounding the table and threatening to hold his breath until he turns blue if they don't trade him to Carolina.

I just don't think it's all that likely.

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

There's a lot in play here. I do think Miami is a more likely destination but when we are talking future picks and existing players, a lot could be in the works that keeps us competitive where Watson's desire could matter a lot. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

But hey, it's possible that behind the scenes, he's kicking, screaming, pounding the table and threatening to hold his breath until he turns blue if they don't trade him to Carolina.

I just don't think it's all that likely.

Literally NO ONE has said that

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Literally NO ONE has said that

No, but a lot of people are banking on him wanting to play here being a deciding factor.

Frankly, given that there's more than one team in position to make a way better offer than us, it'd probably have to be.

And yeah, it could be true.

I just haven't seen any real evidence that it is.

2 hours ago, TSLA said:

Just give the Texans our entire 2021 draft picks + Teddy and call it even. We can start back thru the 2022 draft. All we got out of the 2011 draft was Cam Newton and he alone changed the direction of this stupid franchise for 9 years.

All we get out of any draft is one or 2 decent players. People around here put too much stock in a high draft pick. Sure the guy at pick 8 could turn out to be Luke Kuechly, but he could just as easy turn out to be Vernon Butler or Kelvin Benjamin. It’s a crap shoot any way you slice it. I want a team with the balls to take a risk, go all in and go get the franchise, 25 year old, potential Hall of Fame QB that for some crazy reason is now available vis trade.

First round picks be damned.

• Pie 1

I hope Watson comes here. It didn’t end well, but he can ask his mentor. He was loved all over, but especially in Charlotte, Winston, Greensboro, Raleigh, Fayetteville, Greenville, Charleston, Columbia, etc. Not to mention all the Clemson fans. Watson would be damn near a God here

Edited by BigAggieLean.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

No, but a lot of people are banking on him wanting to play here being a deciding factor.

Frankly, given that there's more than one team in position to make a way better offer than us, it'd probably have to be.

And yeah, it could be true.

I just haven't seen any real evidence that it is.

Hmm no, step 1 of this entire thing would be having Watson agree to be traded to Carolina. Without it, nothing else matters.

Carolina’s interest is real, Watson hasn’t ruled us out, that’s all we can ask for. 

There are obviously a couple of teams that can offer better packages and that’s out of the Panthers control. If the Panthers don’t get Watson, I’m guessing it won’t be due to a lack of effort 

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Hmm no, step 1 of this entire thing would be having Watson agree to be traded to Carolina. Without it, nothing else matters.

Carolina’s interest is real, Watson hasn’t ruled us out, that’s all we can ask for. 

There are obviously a couple of teams that can offer better packages and that’s out of the Panthers control. If the Panthers don’t get Watson, I’m guessing it won’t be due to a lack of effort 

I don't really think the Texans are going to go to Watson saying "Okay man, where do you want to go?" and then call that team.

They're going to try to field the best possible offer for them first, then see whether he's willing to accept it.

Mentioned earlier, I don't think it's absolutely necessary that he only has one or two preferred destinations. He might just have certain parameters that could fit a lot of teams.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Poo 1