• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Two 1st, Two 2nd, 2 young players

AU-panther

8 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I’d give that up along with Jackson in a heartbeat. 2 2nd round picks are equal to three 1st. Some are willing to trade next years 1st for a trade up in the draft to #3 so I wouldn’t blink at 2 1st round picks for a 25 year old top 5 QB

I'd love to be high enough for that to make sense.

• Flames 3

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd consider that. I'd try to get at least a mid-rounder or two back from them. Two 1sts, two 2nds, and two defensive starters is a STEEP ask.

Shaq has no trade value to anyone. DJ has a little. They are looking for cheap players on rookie deals. Not overpriced, average OLBs and an inconsistent CB with one cheap year left. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So, basically it would be two 1sts, two 2nds, and two of Burns, Chinn, and Brown.

Sorry, I just can't do it. I'd LOVE to have Watson but I can't do that. That's basically the equivalent of four 1sts and two 2nds.

That's not just 4 1sts. 1sts dont always work out. That's 2 rookie contracts for high quality starters. Plus 2 1sts plus 2 2nds. Part of the issue with Watson is the size of his contract. You cant give away your impact players on their rookie contracts plus draft picks. Burns and Chinn for Watson because of contracts would make more sense. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Not really losing much with Jackson and with Shaq it would be a wash because although he is very solid (and underrated by many on this board) getting rid of that contract will help us tremendously in the long run and I believe replacing him would be much easier. 

Fitts specifically mentioned Jackson when he was talking about our core young defensive players. I think he was actually the second name out of his mouth if I recall correctly. It shocked me too, but evidently we're really high on Jackson. Turf toe is a bitch.

• Beer 1

Just now, Toomers said:

Shaq has no trade value to anyone. DJ has a little. They are looking for cheap players on rookie deals. Not overpriced, average OLBs and an inconsistent CB with one cheap year left. 

Unfortunately, this is correct. They will want 2 of YGM, Burns, Brown, Chinn. That's it. Take your pick. Me? I tell them no thanks and take my chance in the draft. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

That's not just 4 1sts. 1sts dont always work out. That's 2 rookie contracts for high quality starters. Plus 2 1sts plus 2 2nds. Part of the issue with Watson is the size of his contract. You cant give away your impact players on their rookie contracts plus draft picks. Burns and Chinn for Watson because of contracts would make more sense. 

Yeah, if it came down to two 1sts, two 2nds, plus say Burns and Chinn or they were going to accept another offer on the table then I'd wish them the best of luck with that other offer.

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I’d give that up in a heartbeat. 2 2nd round picks are equal to three 1st. Some are willing to trade next years 1st for a trade up in the draft to #3 so I wouldn’t blink at 2 1st round picks and 2 second round picks for a 25 year old top 5 QB. 

This years 1st/2nd and next years 1st/2nd along with Jackson and Shaq. 

motivational just do it GIF

Jackson and Shaq I would do. Not Burns,Chinn or Brown.... They can have Bridgewater for free.

1 minute ago, Pup McBarky said:

Unfortunately, this is correct. They will want 2 of YGM, Burns, Brown, Chinn. That's it. Take your pick. Me? I tell them no thanks and take my chance in the draft. 

They’ll want Jackson. Jackson when on the field was statistically a top ten corner last year. He had the top 5 lowest passer rating when throwing his direction. There is a reason fitts is talking donte up. 

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fitts specifically mentioned Jackson when he was talking about our core young defensive players. I think he was actually the second name out of his mouth if I recall correctly. It shocked me too, but evidently we're really high on Jackson. Turf toe is a bitch.

People don’t realize how good Jackson was last year when on the field. I get we are hard on him here, but statistically he had a strong season. Plus Fitts is most likely hyping Jackson for trade bait.

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So, basically it would be two 1sts, two 2nds, and two of Burns, Chinn, and Brown.

Sorry, I just can't do it. I'd LOVE to have Watson but I can't do that. That's basically the equivalent of four 1sts and two 2nds.

He didn’t say 2 young defensive superstars...

2021 and 2022 1st rounders; 2022 and 2023 2nd rounders; Donte Jackson and Shaq Thompson 

• Pie 1