• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers offered "More than a 1st" for Stafford

ncfan

I’ve never seen a team that sold a rebuild so hard “can’t build a winner overnight” try so hard to win overnight. Makes me think they’re just flying off the cuff with no real long term plan on how to build this team. Teddy didn’t make sense here and neither does Stafford. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Why the hell would we trade away our future for Stafford? He’s not worth it at all. What has he ever done? Just, no. 

even though cam is not his former self I would rather bring him back for free. Way more accomplished than Stafford ever will be. 

the rams are idiots for giving up what they did. I’m so glad we didn’t go for Stafford. We can do much better without giving away everything. 

Edited by Herb

7 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I’ve never seen a team that sold a rebuild so hard “can’t build a winner overnight” try so hard to win overnight. Makes me think they’re just flying off the cuff with no real long term plan on how to build this team. Teddy didn’t make sense here and neither does Stafford. 

did get to the NFC Championship game year 2 of existence, so its possible

6 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Good point the whole teddy and his contract over cam really made me question the front office big time . But the Stafford thing make sense just not at the price we were trying to give up . Yeah idk . We seem desperate instead of being calculated 

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I could have stomached a future 1st + BW and whatever extra fluff.

This years 8th would have made me uncomfortable.

I am just more content that the Panthers are willing to look at any player, but at the same time not get into a ridiculous bidding war and grossly over pay.

You keep doing your due diligence, and things will fall into place.

Yeah, it’s better than never even trying to make a splash in FA like we used to.

14 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Glad to see they are willing to do what it takes to win. 

And yet fans complain.  

You think that we’re that much better than the Lions that Stafford makes us a winner? We’re not. Signing Stafford gets you in the 8-8 range with this team. And what does that get you? QB purgatory. We gotta be patient and stay the course. We cannot compound the Teddy mistake. 

• Pie 2