• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Carolina and others offered for Stafford

Calboyz13

2 hours ago, antame said:

Hell if we get Watson and hold on to Macaffrey, this will be a fun team to watch. Unlikely...but damn.

CMC is unlikely to be traded. Not only do most teams(perhaps none) not want him with that contract but it would be extremely detrimental to our cap.

Edited by kungfoodude

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A) there's no guarantee that Watson will definitely be traded

B) Watson will command a much richer trade haul than Stafford

C) the Jets are reportedly Watson's preferred destination and it'll be very difficult for the Panthers to build a more attractive offer than they can

Yep, the biggest reason is that Watson wanted Texans to hire Saleh

7 hours ago, Calboyz13 said:

Look’s like Carolina was comfortable giving up the 8th pick and a 6th or 7th round pick for Stafford. Kinda surprised their wasn’t a player Involved but do you think if Carolina would have offered Teddy The 8th pick and a 2nd next year the lions would have agreed to the trade? Also does everyone still wanna trade for Watson or comfortable with drafting Mac Fields or Wilson ?  

866879F3-1380-43D0-B43D-A69825FD5A6C.jpeg

So, we actually made the best offer. I am glad they didn't take it

• Pie 1

Panthers dodged a bullet here, and i while I think Rhule is going to be the best HC we’ve ever had, this just reeks of desperation.  I do like the aggressiveness but for Matt Stafford?  Even if we got Stafford we are barely sniffing a wildcard spot next season, so what’s the point?  Teams with much better overall units are going all in (Buccs), Rams included, and I suspect GB will this off-season.  What difference would Matt Stafford make here over the next 4 season lmfao.  Draft the young guy and be prepared to ascend to the top in the next 2-3 years before getting that aggressive.

17 minutes ago, NJPanthers89 said:

Panthers dodged a bullet here, and i while I think Rhule is going to be the best HC we’ve ever had, this just reeks of desperation.  I do like the aggressiveness but for Matt Stafford?  Even if we got Stafford we are barely sniffing a wildcard spot next season, so what’s the point?  Teams with much better overall units are going all in (Buccs), Rams included, and I suspect GB will this off-season.  What difference would Matt Stafford make here over the next 4 season lmfao.  Draft the young guy and be prepared to ascend to the top in the next 2-3 years before getting that aggressive.

Yay let’s just roll we Teddy again, did u see what he did this past year. Don’t give me trade up to top and get one in draft. That’s more of a risk then anything. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Breer confirmed what McClain had said previously, that teams are calling the Texans with offers and the Texans aren't responding or returning those calls.

They're dug in right now.

No reason not to be right now. No trade can be made official for another month and a half, so might as well try to get (or force) Watson to change his mind in the meantime. It's not like they're going to need time and effort to drum up a trade market if and when the time comes.

• Beer 1

This is dumb.  Only 3 scenarios here guys and NONE of them involve the Panthers. 

1) Watson plays this season in Houston (Most likely)

2) Watson sits out the season

3) Houston caves to Watson's demands (least likely).  Even then it won't be until MUCH later in the off season, after the draft and FA (probably during camp) when they realize his threat of sitting out is real.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

This is dumb.  Only 3 scenarios here guys and NONE of them involve the Panthers. 

1) Watson plays this season in Houston (Most likely)

2) Watson sits out the season

3) Houston caves to Watson's demands (least likely).  Even then it won't be until MUCH later in the off season, after the draft and FA (probably during camp) when they realize his threat of sitting out is real.

This is the thing I've never understood about all the Watson hype.

Watson doesn't hold a any good cards here.  Not one.  The Texans hold them all.  The only card he *does* hold is if the Texans try to send him somewhere he doesn't want to go and he says "Nope.  No trade clause."  That's his card.

Obviously, he can hold out . . . but he can't even do that until training camp starts.  He can SAY he's going to hold out.  But that doesn't officially become a thing until summer.

Sometimes our desperation for change as fans gets in the way of seeing the truth.  Or seeing what is best.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, BrianS said:

This is the thing I've never understood about all the Watson hype.

Watson doesn't hold a any good cards here.  Not one.  The Texans hold them all.  The only card he *does* hold is if the Texans try to send him somewhere he doesn't want to go and he says "Nope.  No trade clause."  That's his card.

Obviously, he can hold out . . . but he can't even do that until training camp starts.  He can SAY he's going to hold out.  But that doesn't officially become a thing until summer.

Sometimes our desperation for change as fans gets in the way of seeing the truth.  Or seeing what is best.

Houston losing picks if they wait till after draft after all the qbs get drafted in first rd. Don’t see that happening 

First round pick for an establish proven QB seems like a no brainer to me. Better than the fail rate of qbs picked in the first round. Plus Stafford's contract is more than manageable and wont go any higher. I want watson over stafford, so I'm not butt hurt here. However, to say that this was a move of desperation couldn't be anymore inaccurate. 

• Pie 1