• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person - The Athletic - Panthers not interested in any senior bowl QBs

Varking

29 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’m not a huge fan of Lance because he seems more boom or bust than most QBs in this class but I’d absolutely take him in a heartbeat over Jones, Trask, Newman or Mond. 

I don't agree with your boom-or-bust theory! Lance arguably has the highest upside of this class. He has strength, arm talent, good decision making, and mobility. The only things that he really needs are teaching, time and experience!

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

A lot of people don't think he's going to be.

I am one of them, but I imagine everything has a price.  Still, if we had one missing piece, I would be making a call--if we were new Orleans, for example.  But we have no OL, no TE, and No MLB.  Our CBs are weak and our FS is Boston.

Coaches spent all week talking about how good Jones and the other QBs were, then after the game they're like... nah, we're not hot on any of them being first rounders.

We'll have Jones in the first or the second.

"Now Mac, that ankle looks pretty bad to me. Maybe you'd better sit this thing out."

"Nah, Coach Rhule, I'm fine. Look I can run, I can pivot, I can push off and I can plant, no problem."

"Mac, just sit there, look disappointed and try to look like an optimistic bust every time the camera pans to you."

"And with the eighth pick of the 2021 NFL draft, the Panthers pick Mac Jones, QB, Alabama."

"Told ya kid, we'd take care of you."

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

Coaches spent all week talking about how good Jones and the other QBs were, then after the game they're like... nah, we're not hot on any of them being first rounders.

We'll have Jones in the first or the second.

"Now Mac, that ankle looks pretty bad to me. Maybe you'd better sit this thing out."

"Nah, Coach Rhule, I'm fine. Look I can run, I can pivot, I can push off and I can plant, no problem."

"Mac, just sit there, look disappointed and try to look like an optimistic bust every time the camera pans to you."

"And with the eighth pick of the 2021 NFL draft, the Panthers pick Mac Jones, QB, Alabama."

"Told ya kid, we'd take care of you."

Yeah right lol