• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Newton questions McCaffrey's support of Bridgewater

Mr. Scot

Well, there are two takes you can have after watching what his response is to the coach/GM not committing to Teddy and other QB talk.

1.  CMC gave a textbook non answer and stayed away from the question. 

OR

2.  if you read his eyes and what he was saying with them in regards to Teddy... 

See the source image

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Newton's suggestion here is that McCaffrey was more supportive in prior comments made around the end of the season.

I'm looking for what comments he might have referenced but so far haven't found anything.

Yeah but you expect him to be more supportive at that moment in time. 

• Beer 1

Teddy was a backup in New Orleans. That's what he was. No longer a starting QB at that time and couldn't solidify the starting spot from old man Brees and was soon known NOT to be the future of the franchise in New Orleans.

Sound familiar? Not Teddy's fault. I'd give it a go for the check he got. Old friends getting a guy paid.

Edited by rippadonn

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah but you expect him to be more supportive at that moment in time. 

Given.

As to those actual comments, the only thing I've been able to find on it is an end of season interview on the team site that keeps resetting itself when I try to watch it, so no idea on the context.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Given.

As to those actual comments, the only thing I've been able to find on it is an end of season interview on the team site that keeps resetting itself when I try to watch it, so no idea on the context.

It is a nothing burger, IMO. 

He probably knows that we are trying to move on just as much as anyone, no reason to add fuel to that fire. He did the right thing which was juke around that question. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It is a nothing burger, IMO. 

He probably knows that we are trying to move on just as much as anyone, no reason to add fuel to that fire. He did the right thing which was juke around that question. 

Yeah, it's basically a "no comment" (which is wise).

As far as the larger context of prior comments, maybe that's valid but I'm not gonna put a load of effort beyond a basic internet search into finding it.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

It was a stupid question---you do not ask a player about a player who is under contract on another team. She prefaced the question with a statement about the Panthers' interest in Watson, so anything he says after is framed around that situation---A pro Teddy answer suggests no interest; a negative answer suggests interest...It was a trap or a question that reeks of dumbassery.   How in the hell does ESPN allow that in their reporters?  If CMC takes the bait and starts talking about Watson, there are possible fines and sanctions. Come on.

Edited by MHS831