• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor circulating between a potential Panthers/Niners QB swap... Teddy B for Jimmy G

FeelTheBurns53

20 minutes ago, Basbear said:

He can cut Jimmy with no dead cap, this is like the Tri Turner for Okung trade. We should have just cut Turner. Okung played about 7 full games in total(for 13.5 million), another reason for Teddy poor play should be noted. His contract is at sportac and only had a 7 million SB, its in the clear. I bet we would be sending picks(2-5) for Jimmy, if this is true.

This QB changing teams could be the biggest stories of the off-season.

Didn’t realize this about Jimmy G’s contract. You are probably right. He doesn’t see much of a drop off and expects to get some additional compensation from us. The Niners are probably looking to trade up and take their future QB in the draft. Watch them swap QBs with us plus additional picks, and then use our own picks to jump us in the draft and take a QB we were wanting....

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Actually we won that trade. When Okung played he was very good and we got out from under Turner's deal. 

Id rather had the 13.5 in cap space, even before Okung struggled to play 7 games. Even if you didnt use it, roll it over to this year. Turners contract ended up being like many others, terrible. I watched some of Hards knocks, he could cosplay as a melting grimace to the nines. Turner didnt play many games either, to me it was a lose lose trade for both parties. We should have just cut him and not pay Okung 13.5 to play 7 games while Teddy had to fear for his life(imo). 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Didn’t realize this about Jimmy G’s contract. You are probably right. He doesn’t see much of a drop off and expects to get some additional compensation from us. The Niners are probably looking to trade up and take their future QB in the draft. Watch them swap QBs with us plus additional picks, and then use our own picks to jump us in the draft and take a QB we were wanting....

People in this thread thinking 49ers will be sending the picks, LOL!!

9ers must think he has value, pats rumors are all out there. A big issue is the reduced cap, team are not wanting to pay QBs these 30 mill salary when the cap is 180. So many teams are out there thinking they could find cheaper QBs. One team could start a frenzy of movement. My best guess is only about 10 QBs are "safe", that means 22 spots could be traded, cut, or drafted. One swap already happened, I forsee many more, but some maybe in order to clear room. Plus teams are hearing what some teams want, and moving on to different options...

This rumor has no credibility whatsoever, but it would be a homerun for the Panthers.  I don’t think some of you realize how much better Jimmy G is then Teddy.  Jimmy just hasent been healthy the last two seasons (which is troubling), but he is a significant upgrade imho.  

Jimmys super bowl season he had no weapons outside of Kittle (they had to acquire old ass Manny Sanders) and he was awesome.  With what we have here the sky’s the limit.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Doesn't make sense for either team. I can't say I believe this one at all.

For the 49ers they would be getting picks and a QB thats able to play 15/16 games and backup if needed.

Panthers would be able to get off paying Teddy 10 mill, no matter what. Thats his guarantees, along with another 8 million in base. 

They must not like the other options out there, I want them to stay put at 8 and hope theres a QB they like still available. Plus being in 5 deals, puts more control in your hands.