• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nfl.com mock

raleigh-panther

Lance Zierlein put out a mock today, and he has us selecting Rashawn Slater. https://www.nfl.com/news/lance-zierlein-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-patriots-49ers-select-qbs-in-round-1

Pick

Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers
Rashawn Slater · OT

School: Northwestern | Year: Senior

While some believe Oregon's Penei Sewell has the higher potential upside, Slater is a low-risk, high-yield lineman who has five-position flexibility up front, a great deal of play strength and pro polish to his game.

Edited by top dawg
  • Beer 2

19 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Lance Zierlein put out a mock today, and he has us selecting Rashawn Slater. https://www.nfl.com/news/lance-zierlein-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-patriots-49ers-select-qbs-in-round-1

Pick

Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers
Rashawn Slater · OT

While some believe Oregon's Penei Sewell has the higher potential upside, Slater is a low-risk, high-yield lineman who has five-position flexibility up front, a great deal of play strength and pro polish to his game.

I think at this point any mock that has us taking a non-QB is coming from someone who hasn't done their homework. We either take a QB (trade up or not) or don't have a pick in the 1st round this year...

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Pick

Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers
Rashawn Slater · OT

Hahaha!

That mock is the biggest example of fan pandering I’ve ever seen.

So Sewell goes to the cowboys and Justin Fields goes to the Patriots.

Right.....

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, saX man said:

They're doing that thing where they hype up the other top talent at the same position and wanting clicks/to be cute. 

I see the peaches between the leaches.

I don't think it's to be cute, I think these draft insiders might actually be getting these opinions (Rashawn Slater being better than Penei) from actual people in front offices around the NFL, they (front office people) throw it out there knowing it's completely false hoping it lets Penei Sewell to drop to them, if some other team bites on the hype and selects Slater first.  Even though is obvious to many that Penei is the better talent, teams still attempt that strategy hoping it works, doesn't hurt to try.  Happens for many other players as well.

1 minute ago, DeSim said:

I don't think it's to be cute, I think these draft insiders might actually be getting these opinions (Rashawn Slater being better than Penei) from actual people in front offices around the NFL, they (front office people) throw it out there knowing it's completely false hoping it lets Penei Sewell to drop to them, if some other team bites on the hype and selects Slater first.  Even though is obvious to many that Penei is the better talent, teams still attempt that strategy hoping it works, doesn't hurt to try.  Happens for many other players as well.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/joshuaredwards/

Kentucky boy who speaks english, latin, and spanish, covers the Browns for CBS.

Thing is, he has a sports media background, not analytical or likely has an in with the right league circles.  Who knows though, maybe he's got some direct lines to the Browns scouting department but given their drafts, don't know if I'd align his thoughts with league wide consensus behind the media wall.