• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Multiple Teams have reached out to the Jets about Darnold"

ncfan

Just now, ncfan said:

Only 0% on that list is Bengals.

1. Jags- 100%

2. Jets- 95%

3. Dolphins- 0% most likely trade down

4. Falcons- 65%

5. Bengals- 0%

6. Eagles- 55% with Wentz traded

7. Lions- 50%

Dude if you keep drinking this early you will never make the super bowl.    Whatever "scouts" you are reading you probably need to stop. 

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Dude if you keep drinking this early you will never make the super bowl.    Whatever "scouts" you are reading you probably need to stop. 

Haven't even cracked my first beer

And ill keep reading and listening to them while you keep uo somefalse hope.

Just like "no way Stafford goes for A 1st"

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Purely in talent alone, contracts and draft compensation aside.  I thought that was implied with every Teddy post on here being about how much he sucks,but I guess I could have be more specific.

Darnold had 9 tds, 11 ints last season. I don’t want that anywhere near Carolina.

• Pie 1

Let's clarify again what "in on every deal" means and what it doesn't...

It does mean we'll investigate every option.

It does mean we'll be aggressive trying to acquire players we think are worth it.

It does not mean that we'll pursue every big name / well known player because we may not think some of them are worth it.

It also doesn't mean that we'll just casually overspend above what we think someone is worth.

The plan is to be aggressive, but the plan is also to be wise.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

You never dug into his film did you?

There's still Lot of tools in Darnold.  And yes about the Gase thing.  While Tannehill isnt a Superstar QB, he looked good in Tennessee last year and looked WAY worse than Darnold in Miami.

Darnold is still young, has tools.  About the only thing Allen had over Darnold coming out was arm strength.  He couls throw it 75 yards instead of 65.  Scouts loved Darnold coming out.  Thus quite a few people were Shocked that Cleveland took Baker over him.

Now, he's still the same age as Kyler Murray and Younger than Burrow.  Its just the question of, how much did Gase Damage him and you think you can fix him.

I think Rhule is the type of guy who can and the new QB coach we just brought in who was Stafford and Watson's QB coach seems like the perfect guy to work with him.

I wouldn't trade a 1st for him.  But wouldn't hesitate trading something else for him.

You are getting things a bit twisted.  Please show me where I've said Darnold is bad.  What I have said is Darnold has a limited ceiling.  I will stick to that point.  Have I watched him much as a Jet? No, but I did look over some of his film from college during his draft year.  I remember him as a solid prospect, but far from a can't miss prospect.  I had the same conclusion then as I do now.  Can players have a limited ceiling and still be good players?  Absolutely, but it's a classic point of 'what you see is what you get'.  Darnold could still be a very good starter in this League, but taking it to the next level is the part I don't see happening, UNLESS, he goes to a team nearly complete just lacking their guy under center.  Case in point, if Brees retires in New Orleans and the Saints were to trade for him, I could see him thriving in that scenario.

I wonder if Robby has chimed in at all. 

Darnold has the skill set, the build, the arm and sneaky mobile. What's between the ears is the question and how horrible his mentoring was up to this point in helping elevate his skills. 

I still think Darnold can be a great QB in this league. He might not be Brees, Brady or Mahomes.... but I could see a Tannehill/Rivers/Stafford type of trajectory. 

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Dude all your posts are wrong lol there will definitely be 4 qbs gone before our pick. Jags, Jets definite, then out of Falcons, Eagles or Lions that’s one AT LEAST. So that’s three not counting all the teams behind us that want one lol. You are most definitely wrong sir, maybe you should pay attention a little more before posting.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If Darnold gets traded that's very bad for us. They're in a much better situation to either A) trade for Watson or B) draft a QB. Either way, a very attractive option for us becomes unavailable.

I also wonder if the timing of the leak on the NYJs side is aligning with the Texans continuing to double down on their stance on holding onto Watson. 

If I'm HOU,  the Jets and 'Phins are the two teams in my scopes. Top-3 picks this year a second pick in the first round this year, a young QB that still has potential to build around and cap space that either team can take on/support Watson with.

I think we will be on Watson's short list, but in the end, DW coming here is just not in the cards, IMO.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Soul Rebel said:

I also wonder if the timing of the leak on the NYJs side is aligning with the Texans continuing to double down on their stance on holding onto Watson. 

If I'm HOU,  the Jets and 'Phins are the two teams in my scopes. Top-3 picks this year a second pick in the first round this year, a young QB that still has potential to build around and cap space that either team can take on/support Watson with.

I think we will be on Watson's short list, but in the end, DW coming here is just not in the cards, IMO.

Yeah, I think the Jets and Dolphins are the two teams in the best situation to potentially trade for Watson. The best chance we have is if the Texans REALLY don't want to trade him within the AFC which is certainly within the realm of possibility.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Good question.

I just think that Anderson was with Darnold for those first two years and part of the sh*t show that was the Jets coaching/front office. Perhaps in practices, meetings, off the field, Darnold showed a lot of what you want and has potential that was being held back by the incompetence of Bowles/Gase and their awful OCs.

Robby has been a gift here and I would like to think that Rhule would listen a bit to what RA had to say.