• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Likely to trade up?

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Huston is in a corner and no one wants to let the blame fall on them. Dude is going to have to holdout.

I think holding him to the draft to drive up cost is what's going on.

I'm very afraid we're falling into a trap to get robbed blind 

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

That would be savy, something Hoston has not shown they are capable of.

New GM and HC are going to avoid it and Easterby will spin it to his advantage. It's all the makings of a train wreck. It might result in some fun friction but I still think Watson will have to sit to prove to that owner he can and will. Maybe the GM talks some sense into the owner but I'm not sure anything reasonable is possible with that much dysfunction.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sure will be ironic if we end up trading up to #3. Then we'll know exactly what that win against the WFT cost us.

Every thread this is brought up I'm going to remind everyone that we lost to the F'n Broncos at home,  with Drew Lock throwing 4 TDs. That was an excellent loss. Why is no credit given there?  How about losing to the corpse of the Atlanta Falcons, also at home?

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

Every thread this is brought up I'm going to remind everyone that we lost to the F'n Broncos at home,  with Drew Lock throwing 4 TDs. That was an excellent loss. Why is no credit given there?  How about losing to the corpse of the Atlanta Falcons, also at home?

Oh, don't get it twisted. I put 95% of the blame for that situation on Rivera and his idiotic personnel decisions. If he plays Heinicke that full game we lose and we're sitting at #3. But, noooooo... he has to give Jamarcus Haskins a shot.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I would be wary about giving up too much to move up. Take Sewell or another top LT if all 4 are gone. Take a G/C in the second and extend Moton. Sign a Mitch or someone similar as a placeholder and then you can go all in next year with a solid offensive line for the rookie. Rattler, Howell, JT Daniels are 3 that should be in the draft next year that have some potential off the top of my head.

In reference to the QBs, I don't know if the HC and GM look at it like that. I don't necessarily think that they're just going to essentially say, "Let's take whoever is left," especially if the kid they really want is available at 2 or 3. Furthermore, they may not even believe in the guy that's left. If they can't get their guy, then they should probably trade down or go BPA.

2 hours ago, Madwolf said:

I don't really believe Houston is trying to drive up the cost.

I genuinely believe they're going to fight tooth and nail not to trade Watson.

Whether or not that's the best course of action is debatable, but I do think that's what they'll do.

• Pie 1

23 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Reasonable, and what Breer said here makes me wonder if he believes we'll do that.

I know we're "in on every deal" but I don't really want us to be "in on" Darnold, and definitely not on Wentz.

I'm not scared by Darnold, if there are no other options...however, it's going to need to be no more than a 2, and I would probably be a little shy on that.