• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson unhappy?

Dex

32 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

He’s married to a woman with more money than him. He can do that. 

I heard Dak Prescott use that argument as well. Still, I think Brady would take less money even if he wasn't married to a super model. He seems to be obsessed with being the best AND winning titles. He realizes that's a lot more difficult middle and bottom half of the roster is stocked with below average/marginal players.

Russell Wilson will have made $140 million on 3rd contract alone when it expires in 2023. He'll be 35 at that time. Would it ruin his financial future if he decided to take a fully guaranteed deal (ex 3 yr 60-75 million) on the condition that the team use the money to improve the overall roster. Let's be honest, neither he, nor his kids, nor his grandchildren, will ever spend the money that he's already earned.

16 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Let's be honest, neither he, nor his kids, nor his grandchildren, will ever spend the money that he's already earned.

That's what I think about Bezos, the Waltons, and all the other M-F-ing oligarchs who control the plutocrats in government like the McConnells and Pelosis and all these bitch motherfugers willing to spend money on Corporate welfare & idiotic trickle-down economics, but refuse to look at the bigger picture and let the little man suffer. 

But...this is a digression--a rant!

Brady has basically always understood the greater dynamics that you have to give some to get some, and that just may be why he's a seven-time champion, and has been in 18% of the Super Bowls.

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That's what I think about Bezos, the Waltons, and all the other M-F-ing oligarchs who control the plutocrats in government like the McConnells and Pelosis and all these bitch motherfugers willing to spend money on Corporate welfare & idiotic trickle-down economics, but refuse to look at the bigger picture and let the little man suffer. 

But...this is a digression--a rant!

Brady has basically always understood the greater dynamics that you have to give some to get some, and that just may be why he's a seven-time champion, and has been in 18% of the Super Bowls.

Let’s also not forget his success has built a brand. His endorsement deals and TB12 brand have more than made up for what he’s given up in his contracts. He’s always been a big picture guy. 

7 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Let’s also not forget his success has built a brand. His endorsement deals and TB12 brand have more than made up for what he’s given up in his contracts. He’s always been a big picture guy. 

Lets also not forget that the patriots were paying TB12 inc. for treatment and nutritional advice. 

Meanwhile other companies pay teams large sums to sponsor the team.

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

Lets also not forget that the patriots were paying TB12 inc. for treatment and nutritional advice. 

Meanwhile other companies pay teams large sums to sponsor the team.

I’m not forgetting it at all. But not having 150m extra in writing is a whole lot of trust. Again, he was thinking big picture. 

17 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

The patriots were also funneling money to Brady in other ways, they cheated as they always do. Brady was never playing for peanuts.

Until evidence comes out, that is just a common internet myth.

It’s been repeated so many times people now take it as fact.

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

They were thinking big picture, but he also got his money. 

I’m not saying he didn’t. But he realized the value of contracts and how far an extra 20-30m a season could go to building a team around him. He could have that big NFL contract and be the highest paid QB in the NFL with 2 or 3 rings, or he could take a lesser contract, build a better team around him, and become the GOAT. Now how bad does it look for the Patriots to be paying for nutritional and treatment advice from a guy that just keeps winning. It was a good business plan because it worked. Right now, there aren’t any other players playing that level of game in the NFL. 

11 hours ago, onmyown said:

Can’t blame him, if he wasn’t as elusive as he is he’d probably be retired to to injuries...his olines have been comparable to the Panthers, some years even worse aka traffic cones

When Cam was injured here and we were all having constructive, objective, completely unemotional discussions on his future, I was in the "Cam has been rode hard" camp, and questioned his longevity due to the amount of a beating he had taken--Cam had been hit twice as many times more than any other active QB.  #2 was Wilson. While he has not absorbed the direct hits Cam has, he is much smaller.  I also think that he is a bit of a narcissist and his best days are behind him.  Having said that, he could play another 5 years--and would be a nice acquisition--but I do not see it.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Yes you can. There are multiple examples of this in the NFL. The problem is that Seattle has struggled building an OL for years. It isn't some new problem.

This is the same struggle Cam had and he was on a very team friendly deal. The issue isn't money, the issue is that the Seahawks don't make OL a priority the same way we never do. That isn't a recipe for success.

So then if they didn’t draft a WR, that would be his problem, or having a defense that can stop anyone. He’s just a whiny little bitch. This has nothing to do with Cam, we’re talking about the situation in Seattle. 

• Pie 1