• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson Update

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The big benefit of 1st rounders IMO is they're absolutely your best opportunity to add elite talent for the best value. I wouldn't trade 1st round picks wantonly but legit franchise QBs are the hardest roster piece to find and they're required if you want to compete for Super Bowls.

Yes--ONLY to get a legit franchise QB

• Pie 2
14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Sure thing 

I agree with the other 2 posters here. It's ridiculous for you to claim Mccaffrey's 2 different, unrelated injuries this year had anything to do with him being "ran into the ground" the prior two seasons. The team had no reason to rush him back when you consider our record in 2020.

I have to question your motive when you adamantly want to trade away our best player (and one of the best in the NFL). Why the hell would the Panthers want to trade him?

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Yes--ONLY to get a legit franchise QB

That or to fill a glaring hole at a huge position of need when you have a franchise QB. If we had a franchise QB currently, I wouldn't be opposed to trading a 1st for a LT or legit starting CB. Those would be justifiable moves IMO.

• Pie 1
1 hour ago, cookinbrak said:

"Straight trade? Maybe. Add 1st rd picks? No."

None of these are very big words, take your time.

A straight trade of Watson for CMC?  As a maybe? 

image.gif.a3fa53f80940a3dbf3dc589fc0f988b5.gif

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

i dont want to give up mccaffrey taht would be dumb if youre bringing in a qb keep the weapons , id do 3 picks thats it max if not we could wait for a qb , no gaurentee watson becomes a star here its a steep investment which if it goes south could cripple this franchise thats why alot of gms wont do that 

12 minutes ago, trueblade said:

NFL insider notes: Don't underestimate David Tepper and the Panthers in the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-dolphins-get-tua-tagovailoa-a-major-weapon-jets-secure-a-qb-and-rb-in-round-1/

It's LaCanfora, so take with generous portions of salt.

FYI: Link goes to a mock draft by Pete Prisco, dude 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-notes-dont-underestimate-david-tepper-and-the-panthers-in-the-deshaun-watson-sweepstakes/

Strong words here he may have ears on this for real

There remains some confusion as to what was actually reported, or speculated, or just plain made up about the Carolina Panthers and some trade offer for Deshaun Watson earlier this week.

But I can assure you of this much: Carolina is beyond smitten with Watson and owner David Tepper is fairly consumed by the prospect of landing him and no matter what happens with this transcendent young quarterback (and I still believe he is dealt at some point), the Panthers are going to play some role in the process. They might not be able to secure him, ultimately, and others clearly possess higher draft capital, but when it comes to Watson, Tepper's aim is true and their desire is real.

9 minutes ago, Mister said:

i dont want to give up mccaffrey taht would be dumb if youre bringing in a qb keep the weapons , id do 3 picks thats it max if not we could wait for a qb , no gaurentee watson becomes a star here its a steep investment which if it goes south could cripple this franchise thats why alot of gms wont do that 

There's no guarantee but it's about the closest thing to a guarantee that exists in player acquisition.