• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Fields concerns

AU-panther

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

LOL! What?

What is funny about it? Or why do you disagree?

He had a solid arm and solid running ability for a QB. But he wasn’t gifted enough to be a consistent runner in NFL, and his arm relative to other NFL QBs was nothing special. He was also very undersized.

Manziel fell for more reasons than just his attitude. Even if he was a hard worker I don’t think he works out because he wasn’t that good of a prospect. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Manziel sure as hell wasn't a "brains" quarterback.

Never said he was, but that doesn’t mean he was some extremely gifted QB either.

He benefited from a wide-open offensive spread system and Mike Evans. He was a good college playmaker but you are wrong if you think the only thing he was lacking is attitude. 

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 1

59 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I do not want Fields.  I have gone from him being my favorite to my least favorite.  I am now focused on Mac and think it could be the pick--but a lot can change.

I get not wanting Fields but I do not get wanting Jones over Lance, Wilson or Fields. Mac Jones has the lowest grade of any of these four when not locked on to his first read. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, Varking said:

I have him as my number 2 QB. Pe well is my number 2 player. Overall I think their board is outstanding. 

Im still hammering out mine, its gotten much clearer over the weekend. I like boards that are different, even if I disagree. I got Fields in the late 20s currently, doubt I move form that. Plus my main focus is panthers, I quit doing 150 players with sleepers. One main difference compare to all others I have is Kwity Paye as the 7th overall and not to mention Lance as 1a. Guess I have some BS clickbait in me too...

5 hours ago, Basbear said:

Im still hammering out mine, its gotten much clearer over the weekend. I like boards that are different, even if I disagree. I got Fields in the late 20s currently, doubt I move form that. Plus my main focus is panthers, I quit doing 150 players with sleepers. One main difference compare to all others I have is Kwity Paye as the 7th overall and not to mention Lance as 1a. Guess I have some BS clickbait in me too...

You have Lance as tied with Lawrence as the best prospect in the entire draft?

My concern with Justin Fields is the same concern I have for Mac Jones. Neither Ohio State nor Alabama have produced an above average NFL QB in the last 30 years.

Now, you could argue that there are plenty of other schools lacking success in developing QBs, but the difference is, OSU and Alabama have had the pick of the litter. They get the highest-rated QBs coming out of high school, face the toughest teams AND consistently win. Their QBs are typically highly-rated and consistently compete for the Heisman, but when they get to the NFL...

Some will point to Joe Burrow as an OSU QB, but his success didn't happen until he played for LSU.

I'd prefer to stay away from QBs coming out of either school, thank you.

17 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I do not want Fields.  I have gone from him being my favorite to my least favorite.  I am now focused on Mac and think it could be the pick--but a lot can change.

Mac Jones at #39 > Lance at #8 

I can handle Mac Jones if he falls to the 2nd round.   I can't handle Mac at 8. 

So I was talking with my scout friend source whatever, and we were going over tape of Fields. Keep in mind we both absolutely loved Herbert last year and thought he was a locked in top 10 player, him and I had Herbert ranging from QB1-3 for most of the year. Here is what he said to me and I agree full stop with it. 

"Herbert had all the skill set in the world but his coaches restrained him where as Fields has all the tools in the world and he restrains himself" 

AKA Herbert was limited by play calling from coaches, where as Fields is most certainly not, and seems to be limiting himself. Who knows what reason that is. 

• Pie 4

13 minutes ago, Verge said:

So I was talking with my scout friend source whatever, and we were going over tape of Fields. Keep in mind we both absolutely loved Herbert last year and thought he was a locked in top 10 player, him and I had Herbert ranging from QB1-3 for most of the year. Here is what he said to me and I agree full stop with it. 

"Herbert had all the skill set in the world but his coaches restrained him where as Fields has all the tools in the world and he restrains himself" 

AKA Herbert was limited by play calling from coaches, where as Fields is most certainly not, and seems to be limiting himself. Who knows what reason that is. 

That’s a super interesting observation. How do you “unleash” Fields if he is the issue. Doable for sure, but takes a lot more work and I do believe in our coaching staff.