• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson's Camp Have Discussed Trade Destinations With SEA; Trade Could Happen, "in the near future."

Proudiddy

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Wilson is upset with Seattle over the OL

So.why the he11 is he going to want to come here?

Valid.

I also seriously doubt that Rhule and Fitterer would give him a say in personnel.

Honestly, that's hard to imagine of a lot of coaches and/or GMs.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Valid.

I also seriously doubt that Rhule and Fitterer would give him a say in personnel.

Honestly, that's hard to imagine of a lot of coaches and/or GMs.

Ehhhh, IDK - I would imagine most franchise QBs are consulted on at least the offensive guys the front office are looking to bring in.  Even if its just a cursory "what do you think about playing with this guy".  I don't think its a good idea to give any players Yes/No rights for personnel, but it seems obvious that teams would want the QB's input on offensive players.  Also on scheme/OC.  Maybe I'm way off, but its seems pretty natural to me.

He may want to come back here, but I'm sure his wife has a big say in it and since she's all Hollywood, Charlotte is like a hick town.  I can see them hitting Miami, seems her style.  

But of course he'll go to NO and their reign of terror will continue for another 8 years. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wrong. I'm using Owens as an example to point out that sometimes teams decide star players aren't worth the headache.

Your attitude as a fan might be "who cares, they're millionaires, they can suck it up". On the flipside, their attitude (from the perspective of people used to getting what they want and not necessarily fans of dealing with things that piss them off) might be that Player X is a POS that they don't want to have to deal with every day.

These guys are actual human beings, believe it or not.

Where is this source that Russell Wilson is disliked in the locker-room?

Post it in this thread.  And I want something more recent than just that one report from 2017 that was likely leaked by Sherman (or someone in Sherman's circle) considering it was clear he was leaving after that season.  Give me anything more recent than that (or even anything that's just other than that) that talks about how Russell Wilson is loathed in the locker-room and/or that it has become a problem for the team.

Otherwise I'm just going to assume that Wilson's relations with his teammates are nowhere near as bad as you are making it seem.  And that it clearly is nowhere close to Owens' situations.

Edited by Mage
  • Beer 1

Just now, joemac said:

Ehhhh, IDK - I would imagine most franchise QBs are consulted on at least the offensive guys the front office are looking to bring in.  Even if its just a cursory "what do you think about playing with this guy".  I don't think its a good idea to give any players Yes/No rights for personnel, but it seems obvious that teams would want the QB's input on offensive players.  Also on scheme/OC.  Maybe I'm way off, but its seems pretty natural to me.

From what I've read, few if any teams do that in general, and definitely not at the level that Wilson is said to be wanting.

And realistically, why should they? Being good player doesn't make you a good talent evaluator. Heck, the vast majority of great players who transition to coaching bend up being lousy.

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

Where is this source that Russell Wilson is disliked in the locker-room?

Post it in this thread.  

I already did if you're paying attention.

Plus it's not exactly a difficult story to find. If you go back and look for the article about when Richard Sherman picked him off in practice and yelled "you f---ing suck", and the aftermath that followed. You'll find Sherman wasn't the only one talking.

Heck, there have been numerous articles about how Seattle was expected to be a dynasty but they quickly fell apart. I'm not sure how you've missed them.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From what I've read, few if any teams do that in general, and definitely not at the level that Wilson is said to be wanting.

And realistically, why should they? Being good player doesn't make you a good talent evaluator. Heck, the vast majority of great players who transition to coaching bend up being lousy.

IDK....I seem to recall Tony Romo saying recently on one of his broadcasts that things like I mentioned are the norm around the NFL.  

55 minutes ago, Mage said:

I know I'm in the minority but I'm easily trading 3 1st round picks for Russell Wilson if that is all it would take and nothing more (we'd need to include Teddy in the deal too though).

Like I said in another thread.  No reason to think Wilson can't stay healthy as he gets older.  He's 32 so we're probably talking 4 or 5 more years of high-level play at least.  Some may think that doesn't make us a contender but I disagree.  Look at how competitive last year.  Add Russ to that, a healthy CMC, and our young players on defense getting more experience?  We're at the very least a playoff team.  And now with Wilson and McCaffrey on the same offense, we become one of the most desirable spots in the league for any players looking to win-now.  Which in a way can help make up for the lack of a 1st round pick in 2022 and 2023.

Wouldn't even be any hesitation in my mind.  

3 first rounders...that is nuts...totally nuts

and as for your logic on us being a destination..free agents cost a lot more than draft picks, & then most of them get fat & happy

Edited by Scott12345

1 minute ago, joemac said:

IDK....I seem to recall Tony Romo saying recently on one of his broadcasts that things like I mentioned are the norm around the NFL.  

Telling someone "hey we're bringing in this guy, what do you think?" Is a pretty long way from "so who do you think we should go after?"

Panthers don’t need to be mortgaging the future for any QB right now. Roster is void of talent and any QB is going to suck balls on a garbage team. Maybe in 3-4 years after some talent is stocked and developed the Panthers can trade for a big time QB if they don’t have one already.

41 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen this kind of "who cares if he's crazy as long as he wins" rationale before.

It's the same logic that was used to justify getting Terrell Owens.

Every team that actually did wound up regretting it, and nobody got any championships with him.

Wilson is far from "crazy". 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Telling someone "hey we're bringing in this guy, what do you think?" Is a pretty long way from "so who do you think we should go after?"

And asking "what do you think" or "who do you think we should go after" is a very long way from putting in writing that you will ask "what do you think" or "who do you think we should go after."