• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson's Camp Have Discussed Trade Destinations With SEA; Trade Could Happen, "in the near future."

Proudiddy

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I already did if you're paying attention.

Plus it's not exactly a difficult story to find. If you go back and look for the article about when Richard Sherman picked him off in practice and yelled "you f---ing suck", and the aftermath that followed. You'll find Sherman wasn't the only one talking.

Heck, there have been numerous articles about how Seattle was expected to be a dynasty but they quickly fell apart. I'm not sure how you've missed them.

Thinking someone is being coddled is not the same as disliking them. 

I haven't heard any of that!

Edited by top dawg

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Panthers don’t need to be mortgaging the future for any QB right now. Roster is void of talent and any QB is going to suck balls on a garbage team. Maybe in 3-4 years after some talent is stocked and developed the Panthers can trade for a big time QB if they don’t have one already.

Swap out just Teddy from last seasons roster with a Top 5 QB, like Watson, how many wins do we get?

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

Swap out just Teddy from last seasons roster with a Top 5 QB, like Watson, how many wins do we get?

Maybe 2-3 more. Teddy played pretty well in some of the close losses in the first half of the season. Minnesota game definitely flips to a win with better QB play, maybe the Broncos game. I really don’t think it’s as big of a difference as people think, the Panthers roster is really bad outside of a couple position groups.

12 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

And asking "what do you think" or "who do you think we should go after" is a very long way from putting in writing that you will ask "what do you think" or "who do you think we should go after."

Pretty much.

This is why teams don't ask fans for advice. Too many fans can't divorce their hero worship from their decision making.

"GIVE HIM ANYTHING HE WANTS! DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET HIM! WHO CARES IF HE'S A HEADACHE?"

Again, things that are very easy to say when you're not affected by the consequences. And if it goes wrong, you just blame the person who did exactly what you wanted them to do and call for them to be fired.

Nice 😕

Heck, we had people here who wanted to bend over backwards to keep Cam Newton and even extend him. How'd that turn out?

Coaches and GMs thrive by being able to make objective decisions. When they can't, they wind up like Marty Hurney, who's admitted that  allowing his feelings to affect his decisions was part of his downfall.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

Maybe 2-3 more. Teddy played pretty well in some of the close losses in the first half of the season. Minnesota game definitely flips to a win with better QB play, maybe the Broncos game. I really don’t think it’s as big of a difference as people think, the Panthers roster is really bad outside of a couple position groups.

Watson put up 33 tds with 7 int on a much less talented offense. Teddy put up 15 td with 11 int. That is a big swing in points.

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Watson put up 33 tds with 7 int on a much less talented offense. Teddy put up 15 td with 11 int. That is a big swing in points.

Is Carolina’s roster that much better than Houston’s roster? Maybe a few more pieces on offense, O-Line is non existent. Defense isn’t good. It’s not like Watson is stepping onto a vastly improved team.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's an article on The Athletic as to why.

Rift between Wilson and Seahawks over power and control

Mentions again that Wilson wants a say in personnel, as well as over the schemes.

As before, my answer would be "hell, no".

A say in personnel is a problem, a say in scheme is reasonable. He wouldn't be the first QB in the NFL to have some say in the scheme. 

You have to also admit that sometimes Seattle's tendencies are a bit obvious and I do think that has a lot to do with Pete. 

I say that as a fan that really likes Wilson and Pete Carroll. 

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Is Carolina’s roster that much better than Houston’s roster? Maybe a few more pieces on offense, O-Line is non existent. Defense isn’t good. It’s not like Watson is stepping onto a vastly improved team.

They have Cooks, Cobb and Fuller. We had Moore, Anderson, and Samuel. 

According to PFF our line was ranked 18th, theirs was ranked 23rd. Their run blocking was ranked 30th.

So I would say yes, our roster from last season was an upgrade from theirs.

Edit: PFF ranked our defense 17th, theirs was 27th.

When we are winning more games with Teddy than they are with Watson it pretty much shows you they have no talent.

Edited by PootieNunu