• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 7th for Isaiah Wilson??

Basbear

1 hour ago, Ja Rhule said:

Wilson also had zero guaranteed $$$ so he better hold on to that stimulus check.

I read he got a 5 mill signing bonus for being a first rounder so I guess he has something to fall back on.  

Edited by Shocker

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I read he got a 5 mill signing bonus for being a first rounder so I guess he has something to fall back on.  

Yea, that bonus is all he got then.  Hope he did not blow it all yet.

Dolphins waived OT Isaiah Wilson.

Wilson was late for his physical, on-boarding process and skipped voluntary workouts. He also "refused team efforts to help him to get his life on track" after a lost rookie year. Wilson lasted less than two weeks in Miami after washing out his first year in Tennessee. Releasing Wilson won't cost anything since his salary guarantees were already voided. Wilson has been a total bust since getting drafted with No. 29 overall pick last year. His off-field baggage makes him unlikely to resurface this season.

Edited by Ja Rhule
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ja Rhule said:

Look, if you had one shot or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted in one moment
Would you capture it, or just let it slip? Yo

Isaiah Wilson - “Just let it slip, yo”

Looks like he would rather go home and eat Moms spaghetti than make millions of dollars being a baller NFL first round pick. Kid obviously has some issues and/or REALLY does not like playing football.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

So, where are all these people upset that we didn't sign him?

This was so fuging obvious.

Nowhere. There was just some talk about the possibility. He wasn't a free agent though. Miami traded for him.

Edited by Moo Daeng

3 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Nowhere. There was just some talk about the possibility. He wasn't a free agent though. Miami traded for him.

Correct, I meant "didn't trade for him."

Look back through this thread for a pile of bad takes. It was pretty obvious he wasn't going to work out. Most guys that don't take this seriously at all, especially as little as he did.....they aren't long for the NFL.

59 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

So, where are all these people upset that we didn't sign him?

This was so fuging obvious.

Me Im here, o/

Like Miami Im sure they had talks with Wilson and his agents- " Youre on thin ice, can we trust you?". Im sure agent/Wilson " Sure I got you bro, Im not going to screw this up". If he was "Nah Im going to keep fuging up"..... Well goodluck with that.... Again my reason are as followed-

very cheap contract for a young talented player

Panthers needs ALL the OL help

Wilson did not show any of these issues while at Georgia

2023 is not a big risk, this past season panthers waived 5th rounder Kenny Robinson. 

Now here we are and guess what Im still interested. Talk to his agent and say when Wilsons ready, Id give him a tryout. Id beg him to get in touch with Ryan Leaf and others who pissed away their career. Draft is coming up and that could be the wake up he needs. Hes lost, where last year he had won his personal lotto form putting in a lifes work. Miami is one of worst places to get your life under control. I went on a 3 week bender there, could not imagine having millions. All I had was my handsome looks and few thousand..... I learned that a solid 7 is ugly there too, parties dont start until 5am, and pancakes are godlike. I dont bat 1.000, I also dont take on extremely high risk for extremely high cost. 

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Me Im here, o/

Like Miami Im sure they had talks with Wilson and his agents- " Youre on thin ice, can we trust you?". Im sure agent/Wilson " Sure I got you bro, Im not going to screw this up". If he was "Nah Im going to keep fuging up"..... Well goodluck with that.... Again my reason are as followed-

very cheap contract for a young talented player

Panthers needs ALL the OL help

Wilson did not show any of these issues while at Georgia

2023 is not a big risk, this past season panthers waived 5th rounder Kenny Robinson. 

Now here we are and guess what Im still interested. Talk to his agent and say when Wilsons ready, Id give him a tryout. Id beg him to get in touch with Ryan Leaf and others who pissed away their career. Draft is coming up and that could be the wake up he needs. Hes lost, where last year he had won his personal lotto form putting in a lifes work. Miami is one of worst places to get your life under control. I went on a 3 week bender there, could not imagine having millions. All I had was my handsome looks and few thousand..... I learned that a solid 7 is ugly there too, parties dont start until 5am, and pancakes are godlike. I dont bat 1.000, I also dont take on extremely high risk for extremely high cost. 

He will never play an NFL game again. He screwed up his shot forever.

• Pie 1

On 2/26/2021 at 10:09 AM, TheProcess said:

No, I suggested a 7th rounder that COULD turn into a 4th if he became a starter and played a very high percentage of our snaps. If he doesn't work out you lose a 7th and move on. If he becomes a starter and nails down a starting spot I have no problem changing that to a 4th. 

Obviously there are concerns which is why he would have to prove himself and play his way to the pick switching. I don't feel that he is a starting tackle, but I believe he can be a dominate RG talent wise.

lol

• Beer 1