• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who would you pick?

Harbingers

Which would you pick?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you pick?

Lets say hypothetically you could pick one of the above five QB's strings attached obviously but you were guaranteed the one you picked. Taking out the potential cost of all of them in trade/draft, etc but considering where we are as a team, roster, coaching curve and the player themselves. Which would you pick?

Trevor Lawrence - On a rookie deal.

Zach Wilson - On a rookie deal.

Deshaun Watson - with 1 year @16 Mil 2 years @40 Mil, Potential out and then 2 years at 35M~

Russell Wilson - 32, 37, 40M respectively.

Sam Howell - On a rookie deal but in 2022.

Edited by Harbingers

The most valuable asset in the NFL is an elite QB on a rookie contract, but if I'm the Jags and Houston calls me and offers Watson for #1 overall straight up I'd struggle to say no. I think Lawrence is going to be a good QB but if the over/under on him is Deshaun Watson I'd feel pretty comfortable taking the under.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

IMO I'd choose Zach Wilson! If Wilson had as many opportunities as Lawrence had as games played and games started I believe Wilson would over shadow Lawrence's records! But to get Wilson they would have to move up either #2 NYJ pick or #3 Miami pick. Either pick is going to cost a lot of capital, but not the whole world that it would cost for Watson!

Those aren't the correct cap numbers for Watson. If he's traded the prorated bonus for Watson kicks in (at Houston's expense). This means the Panthers would not pay any part of that. They would, however, be on the hook for any roster bonuses.

That said, he would have the following cap numbers:

2021 - $10,540,000

2022 - $35,000,000

2023 - $37,000,000

2024 - $32,000,000

2025 - $32,000,000

Considering where QB contracts are headed, DW's contract is going to be a real bargain, although I would expect new contract negotiations after 2023.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, razorwolf said:

IMO I'd choose Zach Wilson! If Wilson had as many opportunities as Lawrence had as games played and games started I believe Wilson would over shadow Lawrence's records! But to get Wilson they would have to move up either #2 NYJ pick or #3 Miami pick. Either pick is going to cost a lot of capital, but not the whole world that it would cost for Watson!

If you have a chance of getting Zach Wilson you'd have to jump ahead of #4 ATL!