• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Houston will let Watson rot

Ja  Rhule

13 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

While it's true that the Texans have painted themselves into a corner, the team owner may be willing to deal with the fallout of holding Watson to his contract.

Time is the enemy of all NFL players.

DW needs to play to get paid. 

It’ll get ugly. They are prob betting on him not wanting to give up the money or let his teammates down. 

I have a feeling that locker room is so F’ed up right now that the players would be disappointed if Watson played.

He should start a go fund me to sit out the year and send it around the league...lolz

5 minutes ago, Tbe said:

It’ll get ugly. They are prob betting on him not wanting to give up the money or let his teammates down. 

I have a feeling that locker room is so F’ed up right now that the players would be disappointed if Watson played.

He should start a go fund me to sit out the year and send it around the league...lolz

Haha, wouldn't surprise me at all.

Watch the billionaire team owner start a go fund me as well.

Then, watch as a bunch of minimum wage workers donate their hard earned dollars to support their favorite 1%er.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

I don’t think they will. If they do Watson should throw picks every time they have the ball. 

Haha...He wouldn’t do this, but he could screw them so bad.

I wonder what they would do if he sat them down and said...

Look, if I stay I will ignore every play call. My hammy might tighten up every game. You’ll have to bench me if you want to win.

Trade me or pay me to lose games.

7 hours ago, SCO96 said:

We see this situation exactly the same. I don't see Wilson, Fields, or Lance as "can't miss prospects". There seems to be a sense of desperation to get a franchise QB in the 2021 draft even though we are more than a QB away from competing for a division/conference title and all the QB's above have red flags despite their talent. 

I actually think if we spent this draft beefing up the roster on the o-line and defensive side of the ball we'd be laying a strong foundation for the next 4-5 seasons. With an improved o-line and a healthy McCaffrey I believe even Teddy would be more effective in 2021. He isn't the future in Carolina, but he isn't the worst choice to hold things down for 2021.

When 2022 comes you would have room leeway to package some picks because a lot of our roster holes would be filled.. The team could move up to grab a promising QB prospect in the draft or acquire an established QB via trade or free agency. The 2022 starter (whoever it may be) should have a more talented and experienced team around him than the 2021 starter will.

Exactamundo.  I sincerely hope this is how this year's draft pans out.

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Haha...He wouldn’t do this, but he could screw them so bad.

I wonder what they would do if he sat them down and said...

Look, if I stay I will ignore every play call. My hammy might tighten up every game. You’ll have to bench me if you want to win.

Trade me or pay me to lose games.

The problem with that theory is what does it do to his value to the next team?

He is only tradable if others want him.  It they see him purposely stinking it up, are they going to take the chance?  Sure, he's good, until he doesn't want to be, then he is not only not good, he is purposely bad.

He would be cutting his own throat in that sense.  Sometimes you can do something that compromises your own integrity so bad, nobody wants to touch you.

And that assumes his own teammates don't take their own revenge during practices.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Interesting find and the logic is also interesting,

How many teams are going to wait until June 1 to make their QB move?  OK, they save money they can't really spend--$10m you say, but they miss out on the bidding war?  Am I missing something?  They are telling the niner fans to be patient, wait till june 1, then Watson is a Baybilly?  I would argue that this will not happen.  Watson will be gone or the Houston starter for 2021 on June 1.

43 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

The problem with that theory is what does it do to his value to the next team?

He is only tradable if others want him.  It they see him purposely stinking it up, are they going to take the chance?  Sure, he's good, until he doesn't want to be, then he is not only not good, he is purposely bad.

He would be cutting his own throat in that sense.  Sometimes you can do something that compromises your own integrity so bad, nobody wants to touch you.

And that assumes his own teammates don't take their own revenge during practices.

That’s why I said I don’t think he’d ever do it. It would hurt his rep and future earning power.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1