• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A new fire to the Watson drama (per Jason la Canfora)

saX man

52 minutes ago, Sheldonyoung said:

Get Watson do whatever it takes idc who we trade bye bye ! Watson is worth it

10yr timeline NFL MVP's = Mahomes & DW, why would Texans EVER trade?

Recap:

1. Texans contract with DW is ironclad.

2. In no scenario are the Texans better w/o DW.

3. Texans are not obligated to trade DW.

4. Texans won't trade DW.

5. DW won't walk from $146,540,000.

The End.

• Poo 2

8 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Recap:

The End.

wrong. 

29 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Yes, I read that in the comments, that’s why I didn’t make it a thread and I wanted to check here if someone read something similar somewhere else. It’s unfortunate, there are a lot of places like this twitter handle that do this. 

Apparently the source is a recent speculative article by Adam Rank.

Basically, the same kind of bullsh-t we got from David Newton's "bold prediction".

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Recap:

The End.

When Watson isn’t qb for Texans this year you have to leave the huddle

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, hepcat said:

If the Panthers trade for Watson at the current prices being discussed I have to assume the current ownership and management of the team has serious brain damage.

Play it again Sam!!!!

They'd have to be utter fools to go after Watson at a cost that would set the team back for years plus the weight of Watson salary which further limit the team.

Be smart Tepper, control your ego, trade up in the draft!

• Beer 3

16 hours ago, CashNewton22 said:

I really wish he’d go ahead and get traded/not traded so we don’t have to have 10 topics on him a week. I’d love to have him but it’s getting absurd. 

Breaking new thread: "CashNewton22 doesn't want anymore Watson threads, discuss?"

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Breaking new thread: "CashNewton22 doesn't want anymore Watson threads, discuss?"

I agree.  Until it happens or doesn't I would support a moratorium on the whole thing.  It's boring. It's insulting.  The media is basically saying we are desperate for attention and relevance.  It's also insinuating we can't build a winning franchise without overpaying for other franchises players.  

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

I agree.  Until it happens or doesn't I would support a moratorium on the whole thing.  It's boring. It's insulting.  The media is basically saying we are desperate for attention and relevance.  It's also insinuating we can't build a winning franchise without overpaying for other franchises players.  

my post was sarcasm

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Recap:

The End.

You are intent on hunkering down, but that hole you're digging will ultimately cave in on you. Just saying.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

John McCain, the long time sports columnist from Houston, was on FOX Sports Radio this morning (3/2/2021) with host Clay Travis. He admitted his initial take on Watson not being traded was wrong, but explained Watson had not communicated such a level of discontent to him or any other member of the media. 

McCain now feels Watson will be traded in April before the draft. He sees MIA as NYJ as the only viable options. CAR, DEN, etc. are simply picking too low to appeal to Houston. Any deal with CAR or DEN leaves HOU without a franchise QB and nothing to market for the 2021 season. He believes Saleh can sell Watson on NYJ and that MIA's 2020 season should be enough to sell Watson on MIA. He again reiterated it's critical what Casserio's evaluation of Tua was for how valuable Tua would be in any trade with MIA. 

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, trueblade said:

John McCain, the long time sports columnist from Houston, was on FOX Sports Radio this morning (3/2/2021) with host Clay Travis. He admitted his initial take on Watson not being traded was wrong, but explained Watson had not communicated such a level of discontent to him or any other member of the media. 

McCain now feels Watson will be traded in April before the draft. He sees MIA as NYJ as the only viable options. CAR, DEN, etc. are simply picking too low to appeal to Houston. Any deal with CAR or DEN leaves HOU without a franchise QB and nothing to market for the 2021 season. He believes Saleh can sell Watson on NYJ and that MIA's 2020 season should be enough to sell Watson on MIA. He again reiterated it's critical what Casserio's evaluation of Tua was for how valuable Tua would be in any trade with MIA. 

Oh yeah we all knew Houston would be changing their tune. Tepper is going to do anything to get him. Not saying I’m happy with giving up a lot but damn to draft anything but Lawrence this year to me is an unknown. So if ur giving up a lot to move up for an unknown why not give up more for a sure thing. Tepper is a smart business person and knows this!

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Recap:

The End.

You're leaving out the most important, and really only point to all of this:

1. Watson does not want to play in Houston anymore and may refuse to even suit up at all.