• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moton officially tagged

Mr. Scot

I think a deal along the lines of 4 years $48M with a significant amount guaranteed could be good for both sides. Maybe less total money than he wants but guarantees can outweigh that and since it's only 4 years he can cash in again while still in his prime at 30. A lot for us to pay but could be much worse and it's a shorter deal too so that helps alleviate the risk if his play drops off at some point in the future.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Good player, probably the right call.  But what it seems to indicate is that we'll continue to look for our LT in the draft as opposed to FA.  I can't see us paying two tackles 25+ per season.  That just doesn't make sense for the rest of the roster.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, t96 said:

I think a deal along the lines of 4 years $48M with a significant amount guaranteed could be good for both sides. Maybe less total money than he wants but guarantees can outweigh that and since it's only 4 years he can cash in again while still in his prime at 30. A lot for us to pay but could be much worse and it's a shorter deal too so that helps alleviate the risk if his play drops off at some point in the future.

If he'd sign that deal it would likely be a done deal. Lane Johnson and his $18M per deal is probably a real thorn in our side right now. He's not just the highest paid RT in the NFL, he's making nearly 30% per year more than the #2 guy. $12M per year average would put Moton at #4. Honestly, that's not going to get it done.

• Pie 1