• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule and Fitterer pressers later today

Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fug. I was really hoping we wouldn't touch that Shaq contract. There's minimal guaranteed money in it beyond this season. Hurney clearly wrote it to restructure it. I was hoping once Hurney was gone we would be out of the game of restructuring players we should be releasing.

We refuse to learn.

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I can't recall exactly how she phrased it, but she seemed to be referencing Newton's bold prediction scenario as something that was "obviously not going to happen".

I'd agree that after this presser, the "trade McCaffrey" scenarios should probably be put on the shelf.

(not that they were realistic to begin with)

fwiw, her name is Bridget Condon, the presser is available on the panthers facebook page (her part starts at 23:25)

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I get not damaging an asset but does he want to keep pissing off the fanbase by saying “Teddy is our Quarterback”. 
I wish he’d just keep him mouth shut about the whole ordeal. 
Teddy isn’t the answer and if Rhule thinks he can be a franchise QB then Rhule is an idiot. 

Our coach is not an idiot

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I get not damaging an asset but does he want to keep pissing off the fanbase by saying “Teddy is our Quarterback”. 
I wish he’d just keep him mouth shut about the whole ordeal. 
Teddy isn’t the answer and if Rhule thinks he can be a franchise QB then Rhule is an idiot. 

The fans are already pissed. We'll be immediately unpissed if we can land a legit QB or legit QB prospect. If we're trying to trade Teddy, we gotta walk back some of the shade we've thrown at him because teams might otherwise be thinking they can get Teddy for less after we release him.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The fans are already pissed. We'll be immediately unpissed if we can land a legit QB or legit QB prospect. If we're trying to trade Teddy, we gotta walk back some of the shade we've thrown at him because teams might otherwise be thinking they can get Teddy for less after we release him.

I know. You are right. But it doesn’t feel good when it seems like our coach is an idiot who can’t tell when a player will hold the team back no matter what you do. 
As I said I would have preferred Matt not say anything. 

17 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

Our coach is not an idiot

Whatever you say man. He has done some stupid things this past year. So I am within my rights to think he is an idiot until proven wrong. If he thinks Teddy can win us Championships he is an idiot. 
This isn’t college. You need quality players to win a championship. You can’t coach up a bunch of no names and expect to win. 
That may work in college but not the NFL.