• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ohhhhhhh boy. sounds like watson is getting traded. per jim trotter

Just now, rippadonn said:

It's an emotional rollercoaster right now.

I'd be happy we've got the franchise QB back. I'd look forward to building the offense around Watson and DJ.

That’s cool I hear ya, it’s understandable this is a big decision that could be good or bad for the next decade. I think we have to take a chance, man Tepper has to know how much revenue this would bring to the Carolinas

• Pie 1
1 hour ago, PhillyB said:

RIP @Mr. Scot

I've never said I'm against it.

Things I have said:

- The Texans are morons and have handled this stupidly

- I'm not convinced it's going to happen, but acknowledge it might

- I question that he'll wind up here if it does

- I wouldn't want us to give up too much if he did

- I also don't want us to give up too much trading up in the draft either

That's pretty much it.

• Pie 8
1 hour ago, joemac said:

We start making moves like this I firmly believe we win the Super Bowl in the next 3 to 4 years.

With an 0-8 record in games decided by one score or less, a simple regression to the mean would get us almost to .500 alone. The Panthers are a QB away, AS THE ROSTER IS NOW, from competing for a Super Bowl, period. 

Problem is what other VALUE are you giving up for Watson that equates to a net loss? The Panthers don't need 3 or 4 years. We just need someone competent in close games. 

• Beer 1
Just now, Proudiddy said:

Get Watson, sign Reiff, pickup a guard, find a way to bring Samuel back, then go defense heavy in the draft again and we are a Superbowl contender.

Sign FIsher as well. 1 year prove it deal. He's only 30. 

43 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

You MIGHT add Russell in there but I don’t think I personally would. 

He’s better but age factors in too, same with Rodgers though. Only QB I’m taking over Watson right now is Mahomes. Herbert’s pretty close but still a small sample size.

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Taking the Fitterer quote about bargain shopping and the CMC/Shaq restructures in tandem, I will be surprised if we DON'T land Watson at this point.  We clearly have been making moves to clear up space and in preparation of something that's more than just signing guys off the trash heap in the 4th wave of FAs.  There is something else going on...  and I wasn't sure we could get him before, but I'm fairly certain Watson is coming here now.

Edit: Now, idk if those restructures were just for cap space or were prepping them to be more palatable for Houston to be dealt...

The only one that would be more palatable was Shaq. CMC we would have to eat a poo load of dead cap to trade him. I mean over 24million dollars worth....

14 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Taking the Fitterer quote about bargain shopping and the CMC/Shaq restructures in tandem, I will be surprised if we DON'T land Watson at this point.  We clearly have been making moves to clear up space and in preparation of something that's more than just signing guys off the trash heap in the 4th wave of FAs.  There is something else going on...  and I wasn't sure we could get him before, but I'm fairly certain Watson is coming here now.

Edit: Now, idk if those restructures were just for cap space or were prepping them to be more palatable for Houston to be dealt...

I think in CMC's case at least, trading him now would create something like 30 mil in dead cap just for him.