• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance on nfl network as if 12pm est

raleigh-panther

21 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

If that was accurate I don't believe he would have passed on running the 40. 

Irrelevant in any case otherwise he's a fantastic QB prospect atheleticly, I am simply saying he isn't likely to be a day one starter.

If you can get up to 21.58 mph at any point in a 44 TD ran, thats very impressive for RB, WR, ANY living human. I mean if that happens in the first 10 yards hed break the league in to pieces. Said it would have been the the 12th overall fasted for the NFL last year. He wore GPS for 3 games and gave all that infor to 32 teams. 

I could sit ball about why he didnt run, have in other threads. 

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, Basbear said:

If you can get up to 21.58 mph at any point in a 44 TD ran, thats very impressive for RB, WR, ANY living human. I mean if that happens in the first 10 yards hed break the league in to pieces. Said it would have been the the 12th overall fasted for the NFL last year. He wore GPS for 3 games and gave all that infor to 32 teams. 

I could sit ball about why he didnt run, have in other threads. 

Exactly. 40 times don’t always reflect game speed. Just watch him play and yes he wore the GPS for several games which gave us all the data we needed of actual game speed. 21.58 mph for his size is crazy and his 40 time wasn’t going to top that. 

1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

If that was accurate I don't believe he would have passed on running the 40. 

Irrelevant in any case otherwise he's a fantastic QB prospect atheleticly, I am simply saying he isn't likely to be a day one starter.

The 40 is outdated and isn't really a good way to measure what athletes will do once pads come on and real live action begins! Other notably fast QBs didn't run it either (like the most feared QB when he runs in the NFL right now).

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The 40 is outdated and isn't really a good way to measure what athletes will do once pads come on and real live action begins! Other notably fast QBs didn't run it either (like the most feared QB when he runs in the NFL right now).

It's only relevant if he trys to bring the same playstyle he had at NDS, requardless he has to speed to be mobile in the pocket get the edge and be slippery, I can envision him as an Aaron Rodgers/Josh Allen type qb with a season or two learning.

On 3/12/2021 at 3:24 PM, Varking said:

Teams can want to move up all they want but if the teams with those picks don’t like the trade offers they can stay and pick a top 10 talent that isn’t a QB. 

True this.  For every QB taken in the 1-5 range, a future long term starter, possibly pro bowl level talent falls, think Sewell, Surtain, etc.  Eventually the relative and absolute value of these players rises until they become such a compelling pick at 6, 7 and 8 that the team on the clock can’t pass them.  

Stay at 8.  We either get one of the four QB’s or a fantastic long term starter at a position of need for a consolation prize.

• Beer 1

On 3/12/2021 at 7:33 PM, Varking said:

But it’s not the same. Decision making when you know you can outrun 99% of every pass rush is a lot easier than making decisions under duress. Gaps close quicker in the NFL. He will be under pressure quicker. He will have to make those decisions quicker. That’s what needs to be seen. 

Practice, repetition, coaching (thank you Lord, we finally have some), time (2 years) and patience.  

I've just got a good feeling about this guy.  Had the same feeling about CMC (yea..I know he had a great resume but many here wanted Fornette).

Here are some links to interesting writeups about him:

https://www.nfl.com/news/no-longer-ignored-ndsu-qb-trey-lance-has-nfl-s-attention

https://www.startribune.com/scouts-invade-fargo-to-see-ndsu-s-next-pro-qb-prospect-marshall-s-trey-lance/572614532/

If you want to know about Trey Lance, study his roots in Marshall, a farming-focused community of about 14,000. It’s home of Southwest Minnesota State, where Lance’s father, Carlton, starred as a defensive back on his way to earning Canadian Football League all-rookie honors. He spent time in training camps with the Houston Oilers and San Francisco 49ers.

Carlton instilled in Trey the value of preparation and quick decisionmaking.

“If you’re up to speed mentally, you can show your ability,” Carlton said. “It’s one thing to play at 100 miles per hour, it’s another thing to think at 100 miles per hour. … If you’re thinking out there, you’re not moving. The game will pass you by.”

Trey’s mother, Angie, is a Marshall native who enjoys his football success but is more impressed with his leadership, confidence and humility.

“He is very well-grounded,” she said. “He knows that at 20 years old, we haven’t done anything yet in life that we should be puffing our chests out. When we’re 100 years old and we can look back and say we made a difference in the world, then if you want to puff your chest, you go ahead.”

https://undraftedthenetwork.com/2021/03/03/who-is-trey-lance-draft-profile/

Training in the back yard with his dad, ESPN notes that Carlton Lance had to buy some gloves so his son would stop shredding up his old mans hands whipping passes into him.

He would rarely get the chance to play the second half of his high school games, because the scores got so ugly for the opposing team that they’d sit him for the second half. He was 6 foot 3, and 200 plus pounds coming out of high school. However he was graded a three star recruit, and didn’t receive a single offer from a power 5 school to play quarterback. His best offer at the position came from Boise State, in the group of 5 division. The power 5 schools liked his size and athleticism, but those that did offer came with opinions that he should be playing cornerback, linebacker, or receiver.

North Dakota State quarterback Trey Lance celebrates the touchdown run by Hunter Luepke against Central Arkansas in the fourth quarter of an NCAA college football game Saturday, Oct. 3, 2020, in Fargo, N.D. North Dakota State won 39-28. (AP Photo/Bruce Kluckhohn)
Trey Lance would decide on North Dakota State, partly because he liked the traditional style of calling plays, and the school put the responsibility of making adjustments in protections and run and pass checks on the quarterbacks. Other teams in the running were typically calling their games in more hurry up offence and plays from the sideline. Trey Lance liked the more traditional approach.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, bythenbrs said:

Practice, repetition, coaching (thank you Lord, we finally have some), time (2 years) and patience.  

I’ve been bumping the he needs 2 years gong. Teddy can play out his contract and take hits while Lance gets his feet wet. 

• Pie 1

He went 57 of 65 and it could be said 3 of those incomplete passes were drops; the ball hit the WRs hands and the guys couldn't complete the catch.  Of the legit 5 misses, ALL WERE long balls and barely out of reach.  Some folks are looking to criticize the kid because they have another favorite QB in this draft.

16 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

He went 57 of 65 and it could be said 3 of those incomplete passes were drops; the ball hit the WRs hands and the guys couldn't complete the catch.  Of the legit 5 misses, ALL WERE long balls and barely out of reach.  Some folks are looking to criticize the kid because they have another favorite QB in this draft.

Or they are looking to criticize because this is the time to do it. Outside of Lawrence who we have no shot at I’ll criticize anything legit concerning of any of the other three major QBs. Nobody was knocking Lance for missing deep. The knock on him from this pro day is he absolutely struggled with ball placement went throwing to his right. 

They’ve been grooming him for this pro day since his showcase ended and he either had an off day throwing right or it’s a legit issue. That’s the concern. For the argument of it can be fixed easily, can it? You think they haven’t been working on this for the past few months? He chose not to run so I imagine all of his training has gone towards throwing. 

With so much speculation this offseason, What happens will happen, We as fans can't control it Mac Jones is the only one I truly don't want.... I think Lance will eventually be a good-great QB if we draft him I will refrain from reading the huddle as he sits for a season behind Bridgwater ala PM behind Alex Smith...... I have no desire to read every ticked fan on here crying about it.