• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trai Turner Released

Troys99x4

2 hours ago, DeSim said:

No, bring back John Miller and address one of the two remaining OL starting positions in the 2nd round.  Many potential starting OL could be available by our second pick. 

Guys like Alex Leatherwood, Wyatt Davis, Jalen Mayfield, Dillon Radunz, Eichenberg, Trey Smith.

Fill the remaining spot through free agency.

This... 100%.

And do not revisit those we traded away. We traded him to San Diego... errr LA2, to get a problem off our books in exchange for us taking a problem off of the Chargers' books in Okung. We got the verifiably nuttier one of the two, but we actually got a few good games from him. I don't think LA2 could say the same for Trai. Just let him find a new home.

If it were Norwell, on a very team friendly deal, yeah, I'd swing for that. He left for bigger bucks than we could afford at the time, not because he was literally being called out in the middle of games by Cam for not doing his job.

Edit to add: always best to grow Guards, draft Tackles and get the smartest center you can find.

Edited by Khyber53
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

And Okung has the Bitcoin to prove it.

Crazy  dude, but he was right about that move.

We got competent LT play for half a season and got rid of a guy who never played on a bad contract. Okung is now off the books and I think at the minimum we finally realize you can't trot out JAG after JAG at LT and expect good results.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

We got competent LT play for half a season and got rid of a guy who never played on a bad contract. Okung is now off the books and I think at the minimum we finally realize you can't trot out JAG after JAG at LT and expect good results.

From your lips to gods ear

We had our chance at a generational LT last draft and fuging hurneyed it

• Flames 1

39 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean...IMO we actually won that one.

Only way we win, if some Team over pays for Okung and we get a good comp pick. Still would have rather just clean cut turner and rolled over that cap space as I said before the trade happened. I wanted to keep turner though and that wasnt right either...