• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Signings Thread

Ricky Spanish

41 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

This is a great and honest evaluation. It's also what I was saying yesterday. He fits our zone blocking scheme and could do really well here as he can play to his strengths

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

In Ron’s defense I wonder how many healthy Curtis and Cam games we even had

Wouldn't have made a difference.  He was barely used in 2017.  Barely used in 2018 before Cam's season went down the drain in 2018.  

Samuel a fool if he signs with a team who has Shula at OC.

10 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

In Ron’s defense I wonder how many healthy Curtis and Cam games we even had

That's a good question.  All I know is that when he got to play he wasn't targeted that much.  Seemed like a waste of a 2nd round pick at the time.  I think Rhule could get more value out of him but who knows.  I just watch the games and hope the outcome is in our favor.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

It would be a waste of cap space going to his former coaches team.  Ron never knew how to get value out of him when he had him.

Ron isn't an offensive coordinator. 

He's a versatile player who is still inconsistent and he was nowhere near where he is now early in his career. People tend to have the notion that players don't take time to develop. This is specifically true of guys like Curgis who didn't have a true position.

Edited by Moo Daeng

35 minutes ago, pww42 said:

I hate how we do this every year we play safe mode.. it either works or it dont for those teams that go all in.. Either way at least they tried..

I would be so stoked to be a NE fan right now..

NE going "all in" by resigning Cam?

don't get me wrong, I think he can play better than last year with more OL support, but I'd hardly call that "all in"

edit.. n/m.... did not realize HH went there.

Edited by RenoCarolina

57 minutes ago, Mage said:

Wouldn't have made a difference.  He was barely used in 2017.  Barely used in 2018 before Cam's season went down the drain in 2018.  

Samuel a fool if he signs with a team who has Shula at OC.

He missed the preseason and part of camp his rookie season so I don't blame Rivera for bringing him along slowly initially. Then he went on IR week 10. Then Cam went under the knife after the season. So there's just the first half of 2018 really, both guys were coming off  major injuries, and we went 6-2 so there wasn't much urgency in figuring it out.

I honestly think the current coaching staff, who I consider better strategists than Rivera's, has handled Samuel worse. You have Christian McCaffery, a QB you don't want throwing more than 20 yards downfield, and you can't figure out how to use the only 1000/1000 player in Ohio State's history? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Edited by MechaZain