• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Signings Thread

Ricky Spanish

6 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Anyone got any news on Fuller? Apparently we have his former WR coach on our staff and are interested in him. I say pull the trigger, but it's not necessarily a need.

I thought u said earlier we’re talking to him and are very interested?

The Panthers structured the two-year contract of FA OT Cameron Erving to be cap friendly in 2021, counting only $2,240,000 against the cap. It jumps to $7,760,000 in 2022. Suspect OG Pat Elflein's deal will have similar structure. Picking up the $3.55 million in space when S Trey Boston's release becomes official at 4 p.m., Carolina still will have approximately $28 million to $29 million in cap space. Plenty of room to, say, add Deshaun Watson to the roster if the Texans opt to trade him.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fnewton_david.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
David Newton, ESPN Staff Writer11h ago
  • Pie 2

6 hours ago, imminent rogaine said:

Getting excited to see some of the defensive holes getting addressed. I hope this means we are drafting all of the offensive linemen in the draft. Going to be sour if we don’t walk away with at least three. 

it's looking solid.  Reddick and Perryman make the linebacker group aggressive and versatile.  Need a corner.  Don't want to rely on the draft for that.  I trust Fitterer to work his magic in the middle of the draft to find a gem corner but ain't trying to rush the rookie into the starting spot across from Jackson.