• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Easy with the Pat Elflein takes

Hugo

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

All I'm gonna say is man, how many times did we see literally this same post made over the years about Fox/Hurney and Rivera/Hurney after we signed some dude that proved to be trash?

Yeah, I don't think the franchise has really earned the right to that benefit of the doubt. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I remember Elflein being pretty good in the past. Don't know as much about Erving.

As mentioned elsewhere, I'm not "freaked out" by either signing, but I am a little concerned about us pursuing recently injured players again.

OK ill ask...are either of these guys any good?

2 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

OK ill ask...are either of these guys any good?

Well, classically, no?  Ish?

This is almost a challenge for the coaches.  Here's guys with good traits.  Now whip them into shape and make them play well.  

• Pie 1

What people don’t realize is that the best players can end up being complete trash with an injury or in the wrong system.

Meanwhile you Find players that have sucked for years all of a sudden hit their stride and become good, because they found the right system or just was a late bloomer.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Hugo said:

Darryl Williams: He is not the worst RT in the NFL as he seemed to be when we let him go. He looks like a top 10-15 RT.  

Great comment here OP.  Hard to gauge players with injuries and both the OL signs were cheap, have pos flex and aren't old.

• Pie 1

I think Elflein will be the starting LG, and I think we will like him.  He is good in the run game he can pull and block in the flats or cross the formation and kick out.  He is young, and needs to work on pass protection, but I think he will start.

About Cam Ewing.  He actually played C at Florida State for a season (I think his final year). He is 29 and I think could be the next RG.  At KC, he looked good at G and played both sides. They paid him more than a backup, so I think he will be in the competition at several positions (LT, RG, C)?

If we got 2 starting Guards out of this and they play well, this could be great.  I know many of you are bummed--so was I, but these were not leftovers.  We went out and got them--we targeted these two "diamonds in the rough"

• Pie 2