• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bears and Russell

Mr. Scot

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Patrick said part of the Seahawks rationale was that the Bears getting Russell would mean their future draft picks would be in the 20s or lower so it wouldn't be worth it.

Valid? No idea.

Wouldn’t Russell going to nearly any team do the same thing? A franchise QB makes most teams competitive...

26 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

With the Falcons restructuring Ryan which basically guarantees here there for another year, the Bears opting for Dalton instead of trading up, WFT/Fitzpatrick...

I realize none of these guys are long term solutions but maybe teams aren’t as high on this QB class as the media tries to make them out to be

They sure are going "all in" on free agents. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Schefter saying that he's still not sure Wilson doesn't get traded 🤨

Seeing what the Seahawks declined, I shudder to think what sort of offer it would take to get them to accept.

Probably something similar to what the Bears offered but from a team that is picking a lot higher than 20th overall in the 1st this year.

Seattle doesn’t have a 1st rounder this year and next year. Getting back the 20th pick and then another late 1st next year isn’t going to do much for them.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Schefter saying that he's still not sure Wilson doesn't get traded 🤨

Seeing what the Seahawks declined, I shudder to think what sort of offer it would take to get them to accept.

I don't see Russ being traded. All the team's he'd be willing to go to, have moved on.

• Pie 1

Didn't Miami just sign a QB?  Prolly to take Fitsmagic's place, so that leads me to believe they are staying with Tua--just a hunch--I know, but why trade Tua if it costs you last year's first and two more and you could have taken Fields in the draft?  I think they stay with Tua--and trade back.

The Panthers need to understand the landscape-is Fields worth moving up?  Think streamlined Cam.  I think I play that card.  Give Miami 2 firsts to move up and maybe a player--

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The strategy itself isn't necessarily bad.

Doing it for the wrong player is.

Knowing who the right player or the wrong player is something of an inexact science. 

Edit: This is why I prefer the known quantity (Watson) even if it costs more.

Edited by trueblade