• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's happening. (Probably)

Verge

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Whats his value now with allegations and possible exempt list & suspension?

Unless the accuser kept that alleged apology text or they have security footage (and I sure as hell would if I was a female masseuse working from home) they've got nothing.  I hope the truth comes out but if it's on her side she's going to have a hard time proving it. I don't think it effects his value at all. Might just make it easier for Houston to cut ties.

5 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

The battle of the bastards looked bad too. Let's fight this out and see. 

It appears we do not have a choice, like we as fans ever do.  They are going to do whatever they want to do with this.  I just watch the games and hope we win.  If this does go tits up as the odds suggest it will I'm not sure how much more as a fan I can take from this team.

• Pie 1

There are plenty of ways to build a team that do not require great first round selections, anyway. If we assume that we lose 2 first rounders and a previous first round selection, we're basically out two first round picks the next couple years but have found our QB of the next ~decade.  Seems like a good trade to me, but of course the devil is in the details.

4 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

First round picks are overrated 

Deshaun Watson is underrated 

Until you have a franchise QB, you're garbage.  Get that, build from there in the 2nd-4th rounds, a good coach to develop guys, and sign FAs. People acting like our team is suddenly doomed because we don't have the 1 or 2 extra picks tossed into this trade as opposed to the picks we'd lose trading up for a rookie have lost their minds.  

If all else fails, copy the Saints cap wizardry and just sign whoever/whatever you want and need. We've literally seen entire drafts in this franchise where we came away with only 1 or 2 starters or even JAGs. Draft picks sound great...but proven players sound a lot better. 

The saints got one SB out of that and already had their QB.  Still had to cheat to win.  No thanks.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

First round picks are overrated 

Deshaun Watson is underrated 

Until you have a franchise QB, you're garbage.  Get that, build from there in the 2nd-4th rounds, a good coach to develop guys, and sign FAs. People acting like our team is suddenly doomed because we don't have the 1 or 2 extra picks tossed into this trade as opposed to the picks we'd lose trading up for a rookie have lost their minds.  

If all else fails, copy the Saints cap wizardry and just sign whoever/whatever you want and need. We've literally seen entire drafts in this franchise where we came away with only 1 or 2 starters or even JAGs. Draft picks sound great...but proven players sound a lot better. 

Also deshaun will be a big time sell for FA’s to actually WANT to come here.

• Pie 4