• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Update on Obada

Mr. Scot

Weird flex on a good price for his production. Would be fine if he didn't fit with a change to the system but for that price how are we going to replace that production for less?

This move, the Kerr move and asking KK if he wants back for nothing when he hasn't played much over the last few years...I just don't see it as positives. Add on the very questionable Oline signings and it sends a very mixed message. Don't pay guys who have produced here for guys who didn't play much or well elsewhere. Not sure how the rest of this will shake down.

I love Obada.  He has come from literally nothing to a solid rotational player.  His story is an inspiration to many potential players in the UK but if he was an american bred player no one would blink twice at his release.

Fitterer is betting that no one will offer more than we are offering.  If he gets a deal, good for him but with the abundance of free agents.  Obada is probably lower tier.

I hope we resign him but this is a smart move by the Panthers.  If we lose him, we'll find someone to replace him at the same price or lower. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Seltzer said:

Of all the freaking money this team has wasted on the likes of Matt Kalil, Eli Apple, Stephen Weatherly, etc., to penny pinch on guys like Obada and Kerr seems to be penny-wise and pound foolish...

From the outside looking in, $2.1M seems like an incredibly reasonable rate for Obada, a guy who had consistent effort and production last year.

Incoming signing with WFT or the Bills...

I agree 100%. These are heart and soul guys, the kind who give it all and contribute throughout. They aren't stars, but they aren't JAGs either. Lunchpail guys, the kind that get you through the hard winter games leading to the playoffs.

It was never a 2.1 million offer.  That's the point.  The lowest possible tender was 2.1 mil, and we didn't offer that, we offered something less. 

I'm not bothered whether he stays or goes honestly.  Nice story, seems like a great guy, but his career is short, and he should make all he can while he can.

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Weird flex on a good price for his production. Would be fine if he didn't fit with a change to the system but for that price how are we going to replace that production for less?

This move, the Kerr move and asking KK if he wants back for nothing when he hasn't played much over the last few years...I just don't see it as positives. Add on the very questionable Oline signings and it sends a very mixed message. Don't pay guys who have produced here for guys who didn't play much or well elsewhere. Not sure how the rest of this will shake down.

Clearing out all of Marty's picks apparently.  Although the KK thing puzzle's me.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Clearing out all of Marty's picks apparently.  Although the KK thing puzzle's me.

A lot of it puzzle's me. Did Tepper buy a hospital or rebab center because we are going after injured guys like injuries don't matter. KK is toast. Who the hell thinks he can stay healthy enough for long enough to be worth a vet minimum 1 year deal? The big picture looks like

hospital budget GIF

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

A lot of it puzzle's me. Did Tepper buy a hospital or rebab center because we are going after injured guys like injuries don't matter. KK is toast. Who the hell thinks he can stay healthy enough for long enough to be worth a vet minimum 1 year deal? The big picture looks like

hospital budget GIF

I guess he want to try out his new fancy sports medicine rehab yoga wellness and pizza facility.

• Beer 1