• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go on record. Who still wants Watson?

Why would I not want Watson? 

He hasnt been charged much less convicted of anything. 

As far as I am concerned he is innocent of any of these accusations until proven otherwise in a court of law. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
57 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

fuging hilarious how many have  publicly shamed and disowned Jerry Richardson, but are willing to sit here and say, "that's my qb". 

Huddle thinks Watson is a Saint, funny thing is he probably wasn’t coming here in the first place. Just don’t know about this place, and I’ve been here since Jake Delhome years.

• Pie 1
31 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

Huddle thinks Watson is a Saint, funny thing is he probably wasn’t coming here in the first place. Just don’t know about this place, and I’ve been here since Jake Delhome years.

I don't believe anyone thinks he's a saint (but funny that you used "Saint"), some people just believe that people are "innocent until proven guilty", and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. This is America, after all, and even though it's still fuged up in too many ways, including its uneven-handed justice system, the theory of a presumption of innocence in its purest form is the ideal!

All that being said, Watson has a growing list of legitimate legal problems, much less those in the court of public opinion. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/the-lawsuit-that-is-most-problematic-for-deshaun-watson-014827728.html

Lastly, pre-lawsuits, the Panthers were a legitimate contender for Watson's services! That should be pretty much an accepted fact at this point, being that it's been reported by so many news outlets! Someone could say, "He probably was coming here", and they're statement would have just as much legitimacy as yours (or not). 

58 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I don't believe anyone thinks he's a saint (but funny that you used "Saint"), some people just believe that people are "innocent until proven guilty", and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. This is America, after all, and even though it's still fuged up in too many ways, including its uneven-handed justice system, the theory of a presumption of innocence in its purest form is the ideal!

All that being said, Watson has a growing list of legitimate legal problems, much less those in the court of public opinion. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/the-lawsuit-that-is-most-problematic-for-deshaun-watson-014827728.html

Lastly, pre-lawsuits, the Panthers were a legitimate contender for Watson's services! That should be pretty much an accepted fact at this point, being that it's been reported by so many news outlets! Someone could say, "He probably was coming here", and they're statement would have just as much legitimacy as yours (or not). 

Couldn’t word it any better, totally agree!

3 hours ago, Agent Blue said:

Why would I not want Watson? 

He hasnt been charged much less convicted of anything. 

As far as I am concerned he is innocent of any of these accusations until proven otherwise in a court of law. 

You really want to give up assets for Watson amid a massive cloud of uncertainty for lawsuits that will take months and perhaps years to play out? That would be dumb as poo. I hope you all are prepared to either draft a rookie or stick with Teddy. Cause the Watson ship has sailed.

Edited by MGH1989
3 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

fuging hilarious how many have  publicly shamed and disowned Jerry Richardson, but are willing to sit here and say, "that's my qb". 

People in the world are the biggest hypocrites. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No way do I want Watson right now. There has to be a lot of clarity come to this situation before I'd even think about bringing him into the fold.

If we were smart, we'd trade for him right now . . . but give up nothing this year.

Basically, we construct the trade in such a way that we give up nothing immediately.  Past that, every single piece of the trade becomes contingent on him being eligible to play.  If these legal issues mean he's never eligible to play again, we give up nothing, ever.

Would I give up a couple first round picks 2022, 2023 for Watson?  Sure, assuming he's eligible to play / clears the charges.  Even if we get "our guy" this year and end up with a rookie franchise QB + Deshaun, that's massive capital.  We could easily recoup anything we give up for an in-the-clear Deshaun.

I think that scenario is INCREDIBLY unlikely, on numerous fronts, but I'd take it if the Texans would.

• Poo 1

How is this still going? His judgement is awful no matter how you choose to look at this and you cannot make someone like that the face of your franchise in 2021 and certainly not for that kind of investment.

• Beer 2
2 hours ago, BrianS said:

If we were smart, we'd trade for him right now . . . but give up nothing this year.

Basically, we construct the trade in such a way that we give up nothing immediately.  Past that, every single piece of the trade becomes contingent on him being eligible to play.  If these legal issues mean he's never eligible to play again, we give up nothing, ever.

Would I give up a couple first round picks 2022, 2023 for Watson?  Sure, assuming he's eligible to play / clears the charges.  Even if we get "our guy" this year and end up with a rookie franchise QB + Deshaun, that's massive capital.  We could easily recoup anything we give up for an in-the-clear Deshaun.

I think that scenario is INCREDIBLY unlikely, on numerous fronts, but I'd take it if the Texans would.

Our team wouldn't be worth supporting, if they traded for Watson now. 

40 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Our team wouldn't be worth supporting, if they traded for Watson now. 

Based on?  He said / she said?  No charges have been filed.  No arrests have been made.

I don't know what if anything Watson is guilty of.  Nor do you.  Nor does our team.

Let me run this scenario by you.  Let's say you're the Texans.  You know Watson wants out.  You want him to stay.  What better way to keep him around than to make him appear to be completely toxic?  We've all been so focused on seeing it from our side, we've failed to see it from the other side.

My scenario protects our team if we trade.  We lose nothing if Watson is suspended.  The Texans gain nothing.  Bear that in mind.  My scenario was a hypothetical scenario where Watson is cleared.

Maybe he is guilty of . . . something?  I dunno.  The fact that no legal charges have been filed is a red flag.  I'm not even sure a REPORT has been filed.  Certainly no legal investigation.

A civil lawsuit is what happens when someone wants something but doesn't actually have a good legal case.  The burden of proof is SUBSTANTIALLY lower in a civil suit.  That's why those cases are typically settled quietly and out of court.

5 hours ago, MGH1989 said:

You really want to give up assets for Watson amid a massive cloud of uncertainty for lawsuits that will take months and perhaps years to play out? That would be dumb as poo. I hope you all are prepared to either draft a rookie or stick with Teddy. Cause the Watson ship has sailed.

Which big time player that was accused of rap got sentenced to jail and missed many seasons? Hell even 1 season?

At worst Watson will settle in a civil suit and he will not be out of action long. 

Rap is a super tough thing to criminally prosecute / convict. 

I would not be worried about losing any assets.