• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moving on and moving up...QB.

Captain Morgan

Just now, Verge said:

Idk about that one. Trask likely goes in the 2nd. There is a lot to work with.

Maybe someone will take him there but I'm definitely not seeing a lot to work with in terms of a starter. I could definitely see him being one of those 10+ year career backups who have spot starting appearances in the mold of a Derek Anderson.

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

If we draft Mac Jones in the first round I am getting hammered immediately after. Yikes. 

Me too, ugh.  I hope they aren't that high on him.

I really want Fields so I'm hoping for a trade up to 3.

Given the restructuring are you sure Atlanta is going QB?

Edited by mav1234

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Maybe someone will take him there but I'm definitely not seeing a lot to work with in terms of a starter. I could definitely see him being one of those 10+ year career backups who have spot starting appearances in the mold of a Derek Anderson.

Derek Anderson/Nick Foles would be the right comparison yep.

We have assets budgeted for a QB. Whether that's for Watson or a draft pick, we need to use the budget we have to get the best we can. That means moving up to 3. I'm not settling for the leftover QBs at 8. If we stay at 8 we should be drafting a different position.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I compare Trask to Jake Frohmm who went later than expected last year.

4 minutes ago, Verge said:

If we draft Mac Jones in the first round I am getting hammered immediately after. Yikes. 

Yeah, but you'll be cheering next year and relieved we didn't grab one of the trendier picks that ends up flopping.

Jones is the Subaru pick. It's not going to win a drag race and it certainly isn't the prettiest on the lot, but it'll get you everywhere you want to go for 20 years including the climb of that so-far impossible mountain. And yes, your friends will chuckle when you buy it. You'll wave at them as you roll by the used car lot they are dumping their picks at in four years.

Edited by Khyber53
  • Pie 2

10 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Yeah, but you'll be cheering next year and relieved we didn't grab one of the trendier picks that ends up flopping.

Jones is the Subaru pick. It's not going to win a drag race and it certainly isn't the prettiest on the lot, but it'll get you everywhere you want to go for 20 years including the climb of that so-far impossible mountain. And yes, your friends will chuckle when you buy it. You'll wave at them as you roll by the used car lot they are dumping their picks at in four years.

Yep. I agree, Jones is the Subaru pick. I had a Subaru as a company provides vehicle. Simply awful. It's impressive to create a vehicle that is so bad at everything.

14 minutes ago, Ship said:

We have assets budgeted for a QB. Whether that's for Watson or a draft pick, we need to use the budget we have to get the best we can. That means moving up to 3. I'm not settling for the leftover QBs at 8. If we stay at 8 we should be drafting a different position.

I'm not moving up for a QB not named Lawrence or Wilson. 

• Pie 1